Sign in to follow this  
leah

Static Home Page CSS and Feature Nav Issue

leah

a) So right up until I upgraded to 3.0.4, the "HOME" button on the home page was not highlighted (which is how I wanted it). It is now highlighted, and I can't get rid of it. Can you help? Altering the CSS makes it act funny. B) I updated to 3.0.4 b/c of a feature nav issue with the play/pause button. It is still not fixed. http://fairmounttemple.org.server.respond1.com/ Thanks!

leah

added some custom css to adjust the actual home page .page-id-36 #nav .current_page_item a, #nav .current_page_item a:hover, #nav li a:active, #nav .current_page_ancestor {background: transparent; color: #2c322c;} but when you click on the subnav (for example Get To Know Us) the "HOME" button is then highlighted again. This did not happen with v3.0.2. I'd like the "HOME" button to never be highlighted except on hover.

leah

Ok, I switched back to v3.0.2 - too many bugs in v3.0.4. my footer got all wonky as did my subnav and the feature nav play/pause button still had issues so I just switched back. Sorry.

cmunns

The way WP3.0 menus is different than before. To get past the home button highlighting we actually created a "custom link" for the button so there was no .current_page class appended to it automatically which caused the active or highlighted state. Regarding the other bugs, I'm curious why they were persisting. Did you try it on a fresh install?

leah

Yes, completely clean. I've decided not to use the play/pause button for the time being, so I won't have to worry about the feature navigation being incorrectly timed. Not sure why the subnav disappeared but once I reverted back to 3.0.2 it came back. UNTIL I uploaded a new header image and then the subnav has disappeared again. What is going on?

leah

ok got the subnav back. apparently, when i uploaded a new header image, header.php got corrupted and erased the <?php include(THEME_LIB.'/_sub_head.php');?> i had put there to make the subnav bar go directly under the main nav bar. Fixed now. Weird.

cmunns

Leah sorry for the weirdness. So it turns out the feature/nav fix wasn't fixed in v 3.0.4 The most recent version available should be 3.0.7

leah

Ok. I"ll try a clean install of that. How do I remove the "HOME" button highlight? I read what you wrote above - does this take care of that? I am not in love with the look of the "HOME" button being highlighted.

leah

ok I only seem to be able to download 3.0.4 - don't see .7

cmunns

Okay I'll take a look into it. The 3.0 menus are automatically highlighting the active state of any page. We got around this on the demo, by deleting the reference to the "home" page in the navigation and instead making a "custom link" to the Home page which won't get highlighted

cmunns

Hey Leah, I just checked the launchpad account in it looks like 3.0.7 has been the most recent version for quite some time. If you download again and still get 3.0.4 shoot us an email and we'll get you squared away. Also, did you figure out the menu?

leah

I have no idea why I'm unable to get 3.0.7 - when I log onto my Launchpad and click the download button, 3.0.4 is what downloads. Perhaps I am lame and am not finding the correct download? My email is [email protected] also, I did not figure out the menu thing yet, but perhaps once I update my WHP it will all be come clear. :-)

cmunns

Here's a picture of what I mean on the menu Screen-shot-2010-07-20-at-10.28.00-AM2.jpg

leah

OH! Gotcha. Perfect - thanks! In order to delete the "HOME" page reference in the nav menu I use the "exclude" clause in the header.PHP file where the nav call-up is?

bryan-hadaway

Not to sidetrack you, but I think it's as simple as either deleting the "HOME" page from pages or not including it in the menu from: Appearance > Menus You may be onto something else with the developer though. Thanks, Bryan

leah

What's up with v3.0.7? I still can't download it (only v .4).

leah

I need to keep moving on this project . . . still can't seem to find the download for 3.0.7. any thoughts out there?

leah

Bryan, I can login to my launchpad, but for some reason the only version I am able to download is 3.0.4. I also sent an email per the request of the developer above, but according to the contact page, tech questions are not answered by email. So I'm back here.

bryan-hadaway

It's not a typical tech question, it's specific to your account and billing. I'll forward for special help. Thanks, Bryan

leah

Adam, I don't know if you've tried to email me - my Gmail is having "issues". Let me know here when you email the file or fix my account problems. I'm IM'ing with the Gmail support people now.

Andrew

Hey Leah, Have you paid for the upgrade to iBP4?