Sign in to follow this  
laurenp

How does the post loop section work with 3rd party plugins?

laurenp

Hi I'm having an issue with the Events Calendar Pro templates. They automatically appear in the drag and drop section of the pagelines framework and my template only has the post loop within it. My problem is that while the post loop accesses list.php in the plugin (which generates the event list), it also pulls in the meta data from the first event in the list (ie the features). So even thought i only have the post loop section in the template it seems to be accessing elements of the tribe events template (which features events and highlight sections). I've looked at list.php however the heading for the list page and what it pulls in seems to be pulled in as part of the post loop. I'm wanting to understand how this all works so I can fix the issue. Here is the template setup screen grab http://tinyurl.com/7j3yxww Here is a link to how it appears on the site using the events calendar archive template - see how it pulls in features - this is an element of the single event page template, not the archive template so I'm not sure why it is happening? http://tinyurl.com/6wdhhav thanks in advance for your help.

catrina
I'm not too sure how the post loop section works with 3rd party plugins, but where is your features slider enabled in your templates?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

laurenp
The feature slider is enabled as part of the content area above the post loop in the single event template. I've noticed that the overall list view of events is calling on the single event view template whereas the subcategory view users the event archive template and in that instance it pulls in the featured image from the first post (as there is no feature slider in that template - just the post loop). not sure if that helps?

Rob
Try the solution at the bottom of this post: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/20250/feature-slider-shows-up-blank#Item_11

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

laurenp
The blank feature slider is not the issue - that was addressed by danny here http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/20118/2.2-media-in-features-no-longer-displaying#Item_4 and is apparently a bug within the upgraded framework. My problem is that the features are set as part of the single page template, not the archive template (which only contains the post loop section) so they shouldn't be showing at all. I just want the heading to show. Please see screen grabs in my original post for template setup to see what I mean.

laurenp
Hi again - I think I've narrowed down part of the problem. the templates are behaving correctly but the list is pulling in the single event template rather than the archive one. I've posted in the events calendar forum so hopefully they can shed some light on it. will add to this post if I find a solution.

Danny
Hi Lauren, Thank you for informing us and yes please do keep us updated.

Please search our forums, before posting!

laurenp
Hi - just to update in case anyone else is trying to get Tribe Events Calendar to work. The events templates and the pagelines templates didn't quite work together so I found that by creating sub-category of upcoming events, adding all events to that category, then linking to that rather than the plugin's default upcoming events list, I was able to call in the correct template. Its a convoluted solution, but it works. (Hopefully that makes sense to someone actually using the plugin). Cheers.