Sign in to follow this  
jfitch

Change wording of '10 comments' and 'tagged with:'

jfitch

I am using pagelines 2.2 with a child theme. I am restyling the .post-comments and the .tags I want to change the wording so that instead of '10 posts' it says just '10' and for the tags, I just want an image of a tag instead of the text 'tagged with:' How can I do this? Example post: http://www.askjohnenglish.com/announcements/2011-highlights Many thanks in advance

Rob
You'll need to use Action Map (a free plugin from the Store) to identify the elements, then customize a hook for each of these as they're hard coded in core files. If you edit the core files, future updates will overwrite the changes and it will revert. Include the hook in /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php so that you're assured that the changes will remain. Use pagelines-customize/style.css to implement CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jfitch
The child theme allows customising hooks... so would that also work? I have found on Wordpress.org that the comments wording is defined by: (see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/comments_popup_link ) But I don't understand how to put this into the pagelines theme...??

jfitch
Ok... I got the comments sttyle properly now using this hook in my child theme: add_action ( 'pagelines_post_comments_shortcode', 'comment_count' ); function comment_count() { ? div class="post-comments" ?php comments_popup_link( '0', '1', '%' ); ? /div ?php } But I can't get the tags right...

jfitch
Have decide to give up on styling the tags.