Sign in to follow this  
helenehewedesignse

Feature slide problem with StationPro 3 (in Explorer)

helenehewedesignse

I just upgraded to StationPro 3 and now it pushes my feature slides out to the right, so the whole picture does not show. The problem just appear when using Explorer - which 90% of my customers does. www.trulyme.se I really need some support to fix this...

ravn

i got the same pb but only in the explorer and i cant figure out why the explorer is doin it. it works perfect in Flock / Safari / Google Chrome / And FireFox but when you load the page in the explorer the first page loads right but when then slide starts / its get broken or does not load the hole slide in. I have taken 2 pictures of it one in the google chrome and one in the explorer this one are taken in the Google Chrome And there are no errors Google Chrome This one are taken in The Explorer and it gots an error Explorer i think its the same problem some the other dude are talking about and its only explorer some does it

cmunns

Explorer is not good at closing tags where other browsers are. This is especially apparent since only your second slide looks bad. Make sure all the text / HTML you entered is complete

ravn
:) haha naee its all slides some comes after number one and also when the number one shows up again it dont show up right. but ya i beginds real to hate the explorer but still 90% are using that one so if anything can be done to fix this isue it will be great

bryan-hadaway

Have you tried the recommended solution yet? On problematic pages, copy their URLs and then go here: http://validator.w3.org/ Paste them in and check them, it will give you a list of errors. Although of course you should want to try and fix any errors you find, you in particular want to fix closed tag issues. Once you've thoroughly checked and fixed your errors, let us know if you're still having a problem. Thanks, Bryan

ravn

ya i have tryed it and i get 0 errors but anyway there are still an error there

helenehewedesignse

I have 0 erros when runnin the validator, but still it does not load the hole slide in Explorer.

cmunns

I just checked it in IE8 and looked perfect. What version are you seeing the problems in ?

helenehewedesignse

I using IE8. I also been receiving the same input/problem from some of my customers - that can not see the hole pictures of my products (using IE8).

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, I also see no errors and it looks good on my end. Exactly what browser version of IE and on what operating system? Do you know what size of monitor you have, do happen to know the customers setups, that are seeing the problem as well? Do you have any IE plugins/add-ons. Is there anything new that you can think of that you did or changed that coincides with when this first started? Thanks, Bryan

ravn

the explorer version are 8.0.6001.18928 Vindows vista and i have also tryed it with windows 7 its the same i have even tryed to restore the explorer its still the same and its only the explorer some do that silly thing there are nothingwrong with the other browsers its real wierd i think its an error in the explorer version i have tryed to go back to ver 7 and it that one its ok /// it looks like the explorer are doin a lot of empty strings before cont to the next slide / cant really explain it the first slide are ok when it pubs in then it goes on to the next one and it does some spaces betwen the text and the slide. normaly its easy to solve but i cant find any error in this one

cmunns

I was using Windows XP with IE8 Can you try it with that? or at least test it on a different computer to see if it's duplicated. Are the other ppl getting this error also using Vista and IE8?

ravn

i have just tryed it on a laptop its still the same with that one also still an error / maby its a local problem / when Bill Gates finds the explorer are in denmark he puts somem extra spaces on lol

helenehewedesignse

I use Windows XP with IE8. I have no IE plugins/add-ons. Not sure if it's XP and/or Vista my customers using that pointed out the same problem. But its obvious that Kim Ravn has the same problem as me - who has tried it also with Vista and Windows 7. The problem started when I upgraded to WordPress 3 and to StationPro 3, before that it worked just perfect. So it's something that does not work together here with the new versions - not much value at the moment for the money I paid for the upgrade, but I still hope it can be fixed.

bryan-hadaway

This is truly bizarre, could be a bug. I'm sure the developers are looking into this further. Thanks, Bryan

helenehewedesignse

How does it work - is the problem reported by you to "the developers"? For me it feels quite urgent, I'm looking unprofessional at the moment and my marketing activities starts in August.

ravn

I just tog a look at your site Helena, and it is its the same problem some are there / i was not shure about maby it was a plugin becurse i use a lot of defent plugs on my site / but its not becurse you use only the plugs some follow the theme. And i can se you real have a problem becurse its a business site and like you say it will look unprofessional if u only have a half picture

helenehewedesignse

Yes, it sounds/looks like the same problem.

ravn

yep i have read it also but i dont use lightbox2 and i have tryed to deactivate the plugins

ravn

Rechecked again and found the error here we goes all plugins some are near in contact with Lightbox2 does this error i used lightview Plus becurse the plugins can do a lot more then Lightbox2 but if you look at the code at the Lightview Plus then this 2 plugins are real close so maby there have read the other plugin to make it / so Helena if you use lightviews or light box plugin then try to remove them if u want that effect then use "jQuery Lightbox" this plugin seems to wotk at my place so i think it will work at you place to. I am looking at those 2 plugins now to see why there doin it but all things take time. and its not my plugin so maby i just send a mail to this dudes some make the plugins. hope this was a little help for you.

helenehewedesignse

THANKS Kim for making this effort, you are a genius :-). Now it works... jippi!!! This is the first site I make with WordPress - so I guess it's learning by doing for me.

ravn

np we all are learning all teh time and ther are always new ways