Sign in to follow this  
msaizan

One last challenge: Fatal Error: Autoblogged and FPW Category thumbnail no longer playing nice

msaizan

Keeping my fingers crossed through this one last challenge. I have a news site. Autoblogged plugin pulls in the posts from feeds - FPW Category plugin inserts a pre selected thumbnail when the feed content doesn't provide an image. The two plugins were getting along beautifully prior to the 2.2.1 update. Now they are not. If I activate autoblogged first and then activate the category image plugin - all the images simply disappear - even the ones that are called from feed content. BUT...if I activate FPW first and then activate autoblogged, I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method fpwCategoryThumbnails::updateID() in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoblogged_2-9-0/ab-functions.php on line 849 Both plugins are integral to each other and also essential to my site - unless there is another way to automate a featured image/thumbnail when the feed content doesn't provide one. It does not look good to have images sporadically placed... Any thoughts for a fix? Thank you very much for all the great support here.

catrina
Try deactivating all other active plugins you have (besides the two you mentioned here) to see if the problem persists.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

msaizan
Hi Catrina. I did that before I pinged you guys. You have trained me well.

catrina
You can add these plugins to this list so that the incompatibility issue can be looked at: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18474/plugin-incompatibility-list

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

msaizan
Ok. well i realize I was gabbing at another thread about a plugin theme incompatibility issue. The conversation at the other thread was about about a site that's in development - it's still in the sandbox - and it was posted more to see if others in the community have had experience with the plugin and Pagelines framework - I wasn't really expecting Pagelines support for that - it was more a query to the community. But this site I am talking about now is a live production site - and it is totally dependent on these plugins - it cannot run without a solution to this problem. So I do need some support with this - If my site can't process automated posts with images in them - the site is shut down. I can't run it.

msaizan
in other words, this issue is critical to the site. If the plugins can't work together I have to find a solution or revert back to the earlier version of Pagelines Framework - and that's not ideal.

msaizan
hmmm...weird. problem appears to be fixed. I will leave the post open for a little while longer - but oddly enough seems to be working. I will come back and close out the posts after I have had an opportunity to monitor. Thanks for checking here Catrina.

msaizan
problem solved - just an anomaly... i guess