Sign in to follow this  
juvv

Having trouble disabling comments on pages.

juvv

Hi there, New to Pagelines Pro, and am having problems disabling comments on pages. I have installed various plugins to try to disable comments, however it doesn't seem to work. I was using the free-version of Pagelines prior to this and disabling comments worked fine. As soon as I installed the paid version, the commenting function re-appeared. I am also using Disqus. Cheers.

Rob
You can change settings for commenting, (including Disqus) at Dashboard > Settings > Discussion. If you want to totally remove all commenting from your site, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and look under Content Area till you find the comments option which you can drag out of the template. If you prefer to keep it some places and not others, just disable via the Meta Settings in the page or post where it's unwanted.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lonepine
Looks like you have left the comment box in an active section of a template. Select Pagelines-Templates-Content Area-Template Default. If the comment box is in the active section, drag it out to the Available/Disable section.

Rob
Sounds correct to me Lonepine.

juvv
Cheers guys! I didn't realise there was a setting in the Meta - silly me! Thanks for all your help!

Rob
No prob.