Sign in to follow this  
tpldrew

How can I change the default style for Features pulled from Blog posts?

tpldrew

I'm running 2.2 and I love it. How can I change the default display settings for the excerpt for a feature slider and the resulting features that are displayed if they're pulling from a post category. Right now the excerpt displays on the left, I'd like to change it to the bottom. I did see this in the docs:

Text Position By default, your blog excerpts will be displayed on the left side of the Feature Slider. To move the excerpts to the right side, add the following custom CSS: #feature_### .fcontent {float: right !important}
However, I'd like to set this for the feature slider as a whole instead of each ID. Thanks so much, Drew

catrina

If you want to set this for the feature slide as a whole instead of each ID, you can modify the CSS to include the ID for each feature in the slider. You can inspect your site and find the feature IDs using Firebug: http://getfirebug.com

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tpldrew

Catrina, Thanks for your comment. However, I can't get it to default to the bottom instead of left or right. Does that make sense? - Drew

catrina

If you're using the code above, you can take out the "float: right" attribute from the CSS so that it isn't set to align either left or right and it can be repositioned using other CSS attributes.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse