Sign in to follow this  
aerta

unwanted background white space in Safari/Mac

aerta

This problem only occurs in Safari - but since that's my client's preferred browser I need to solve it. I have a background set to 'supersize'. But - only on the blog page - it loads half way down the page, leaving white space above it. Refreshing the page solves the problem. It's fine on static pages and other browsers. I have 'static with pixel width' selected for layout. Any solutions out there? Thanks

Danny
Hi Aerta, What version of Safari are you using as I have just visited the page you provided above and the background looks fine and fills the entire page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

catrina
I just visited your site using Safari 5.1.7 and the background fills the entire page as it should no matter where I scroll upon loading the page for the first time and a few times after that. Try clearing your browser cache then refreshing to see if the problem is resolved.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

aerta
Thanks, Catrina. The problem does indeed resolve when I empty browser cache and re-load the page, but e-appears when I later load the page from scratch. Anyway, I guess it must just be a glitch on my and my client's Safari browser.