Sign in to follow this  
lmolmud

How to add a NextGEN Gallery to the Carousel (iBlogPro4)?

lmolmud

Using iBlogPro 4 and Wordpress 3.0. All right, enough struggling, I feel ashamed and stupid, but I can find no usable way to add a NextGEN Gallery ID to display in a carousel page. The config page as I see it has a number of custom fields, "carousel_ngen_gallery" being one of them, with a place to supply a value. Ordinarily, if I embed a link to a NextGen gallery on a regular page, the syntax is "[nggallery id=1]," which works just fine. However, it is unclear where this value is supposed to go in the form, so that it appears in the carousel chain. (I have installed NextGEN Gallery and it working fine in the standard way for simple embeds of the gallery link, so I know it's working...) Where do I put this information, and, for the purposes of adding the value to the template, what is the syntax? I have tried "[nggallery id=1]," "1" etc., and then I click "update." The value then just deletes (disappears) from the field. This is doubly confusing. Lastly, I get an error on the carousel page: a grey box simply appears where the carousel should be, with the error message, "Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_flickrrss() in /home/toohipn1/public_html/wp/wp-content/themes/iblogpro/pro/template_carousel.php on line 39." I am ready to scream :-( Any help would be appreciated...

jamesbrannan

So how did you figure it out? Support - Why would this not be a basic documented feature? Having a basic function like this undocumented seems pretty bad.