Sign in to follow this  
gregofisch

How to "import" demo site

gregofisch

I'd like to work off a demo site within my own Dashboard (not the demo site dashboard) - is there a way to import the demosite content into my page?

catrina
Sorry, to be clear, you would like to install the "demo theme" from PageLines onto your own Dashboard?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gregofisch
Yes, @catrina that is correct. That way I have something to work off of.

catrina
Is there a specific reason why you'd rather work from your own Dashboard rather than the Demo site dashboard?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

gregofisch
So I guess what makes sense - is to design something on the demo site dashboard and then translate it into my own dashboard? @catrina I dont know, Im a rookie. Just want to design something that looks really good.

catrina
I don't think it is possible to provide the Demo site theme and import it into your own Dashboard. If you have the theme/Framework installed already and you want to set up your existing site so that it's similar to the Demo, we can help you do that.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

gregofisch
@catrina - thanks, that was more along the lines of what I was thinking. It would just be easier for me to work off of without getting to overwhelmed.

catrina
I checked out your site and noticed that the navigation needs to be revised so that only a certain number of navigation/menu items appear. I think that's a good place to start if you want to start becoming familiar with making adjustments in the Framework. The menu control is actually a WordPress feature and instructions on how to use it is outlined here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen

Designer | Catrina Dulay

gregofisch
@catrina - cool, I fixed the menu, Ill just keep playing and see what happens Thanks

Rob
Did you try going to Dashboard > Dashboard > Import-Export and exporting the settings from the Demo site, then importing them into the one on your own machine? It should work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur