berylo

All-in-one-event-calendar not fully functional with Pagelines 2.2 or 2.2.1

berylo

This all-in-one-event-calender plug-in doesn't function properly with 2.2.1 but works fine with 2.1.6 - I've emailed the calendar developers about it as I love this calendar and so sticking with 2.1.6 until I can get it working with 2.2.1 - flicking back and forth between back-ups - what fun! The bit not working with 2.2 is the drop-down menu which allows you to change the calendar view - everything else seems OK - any ideas? I guess this isn't a priority with everything else going on but I'd love a solution.

Henry Perkins

I'm using 2.2.1 & All-in-One-Event Calendar and the view changing is working for me. Have you tried disabling your other plugins to troubleshoot the issue?

berylo

Yes, I have tried deactivating everything, and adding back one by one. Nothing makes any difference. It worked fine in 2.1.6 - that's the only thing that changed. With nothing else except the calendar plug-in activated, it still doesn't work. I even deleted it and reinstalled but still no good. The problem is there with both Calendar versions 1.7 and 1.7.1. But if it works for you in 2.2.1 then it must be something else! It's got me stumped. Maybe it's some harmless code I have added in CSS that worked OK in 2.1.6 but now is causing the problem when combined with 2.2.1? Anyway, I have decided to stick with 2.2.1 - it seems better to me to have main theme up to date than have a plug-in 100% working - I guess I can always find another calendar or hope a future update will work. The calendar still works well enough but I liked that view change feature and it definitely doesn't work anymore since the upgrade. By the way, it also no longer works with 2.2.1 on a "client" site I built. In addtion on client site, 2.2.1 also seems to wipe out some PHP code that a "real" developer friend of mine added (I'm a novice) and so we're definitely sticking with 2.1.6 for now on that one. (However, I don't mind taking a few "risks" with my own site, which is quite simple.)

Danny

Hi Beryl, Would it be possible for you to install a small application called Jing and then record the issue please. Jing is a free tool and is extremely helpful in troubleshooting issues. Once you have recorded the issue, post the link here so our support team can review the issue. http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Please search our forums, before posting!

berylo

WOW - Jing is cool Anyway, is this what you need? http://screencast.com/t/XhRjQ1uL67oS - the drop-down box labeled "Month" doesn't work since I upgraded to 2.2. Not sure I'm doing this right as I cannot see how the image on its own helps you. The actual link is http://www.beryloldham.com/calendar-2?ai1ec_month_offset=4&ai1ec_active_event=1445 - you will see that the dropdown box no longer works. Thanks!

Rob

I see the issue. It's possible this is either a z-index issue or one involving a CSS conflict. Can you ask the developer if z-index could have been affected and what it should be?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

berylo

Which developer, the Then-ly Calendar developer or the site developer? I am the "developer" for this site and although I've just looked up z-index (never heard of it before) on the web, I'm still not sure what to do. Is it CSS in calendar (probably can't fix) or CSS elsewhere (which I probably could fix if I knew what to do)? Cheers :-)

Rob

Beryl, You should ask the plugin developer. Z-index essentially controls the level of a CSS element in the strata of things and determines, in many cases, whether something is clickable. I suspect in this case, the drop list isn't really clickable (which is preventing the drop list). See this: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp and http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/15/the-z-index-css-property-a-comprehensive-look/ If you use Firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com) for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tools, you can find the element, and if the author tells you what element, just include the CSS element (corrected) to PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

berylo

F.Y.I. - I haven't "accepted" this conversation yet because I am waiting for an answer from Calendar developer but it's not forthcoming...nobody has responded to my question on their site and it seems impossible to contact them directly - there is an "email us" button but it just takes you back to the conversation - very frustrating...I'll let you know if I get an answer.

Danny

Thank Beryl, as soon as they reply, let us know what they suggest.

Please search our forums, before posting!

berylo

The answer from developer site is: "There are some WP themes which have conflicts with the ai1ec plugin. It looks like your updated theme may fall into this category. This is usually a javascript conflict. For our latest version (1.8 Premium), we have completely refactored the javascript, so all going well, your theme should work with this version. It is still being tested, but it can be downloaded from http://help.then.ly" Unable to upload the beta so I will wait for 1.8 release and then let you know how it goes. Cheers

NearlyJen

Hi Beryl and Catrina, I'm desperately trying to get Ai1ec v1.8.3 Premium to work with Framework (2.2.2 - but I would use anything older if it worked, for now!) I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error whenever I try to make any new post type (page, post, event). This is clearly an issue with Timely and not Pagelines but is there anything to be done? Your thoughts are appreciated. Jennifer

Lapsed vagabond and reformed ne'er-do-well.

Nice to meet you. 

NearlyJen

Timely is the All in One Event Calendar (Ai1ec) developer, and they have acknowledged that the calendar is having trouble with "some themes".

Nice to meet you. 

NearlyJen

I have, but I will give it another go. I have plugins at a minimum on our main site: www.eastsideprep.org Yeah, didn't work. Something about this stinking calendar won't let this: wp-admin/post-new.php go through at all.

Nice to meet you. 

jomafilms

Hi - I was having problems with version 1.7.x of this plugin but was able to get the beta (mentioned by Beryl above) to work. I haven't upgraded to the released version 1.8.3 yet. I could send you a zip of the 1.8 beta to see if it works as a temporary solution?

NearlyJen

That would be fantastic. Can you email it to jcross@eastsideprep.org?

Nice to meet you. 

Rob

Jennifer, do you use the SEO plugin by Yoast?

NearlyJen

Hi - I did and that's when the trouble started. I removed Yoast SEO though...is there something that is lingering and causing the problem do you think? And again, thanks so much for your time. I know full well that this isn't a Pagelines caused problem and I really appreciate your help. Oh, Jomafilms...thanks for the effort but installing the version you sent me took down my whole site so I had to revert :( J

Nice to meet you. 

Rob

Jennifer, I try very hard to avoid criticizing plugins, but honestly, many people have had issues with that one. It's a bit complex and if users aren't totally expert in it, there can be issues. Personally, from my own experience, adding a custom written excerpt in each post is enough to make search engines find your content, with pretty high placement, so I've never really seen the need for any SEO plugins. I'm not sure if Yoast writes to the database, but it makes sense that it would. I'd contact them and ask how a full uninstall is performed. Obviously, you've confirmed my suspicion that Yoast's SEO plugin triggered the problem - essentially a conflict between the two that really isn't a PageLines issue. I'm not trying to escape supporting this, but I think your best step is to write to the developers of the two plugins and say "Hey you guys, your plugins don't like each other. What's up? It's messing up my site. Give me a solution!" It may be a known problem to them, and they may have a patch; a solution or a way of undoing the damage. We will certainly help where and when needed in terms of the Framework.

NearlyJen

I really appreciate your time on this and I will take the steps you suggested! J

Nice to meet you. 

NearlyJen

Catrina, We used this post to perform a complete Yoast SEO uninstall: http://www.technobombs.com/how-to-completely-remove-yoast-plugin-data-from-wordpress/ and after cleaning out the database everything worked perfectly - so it was without a doubt the unfortunate combination of Timely's Ai1ec and Yoast's SEO. Thanks to everyone for listening to an issue that had nothing to do with Pagelines and helping me to work it out. I hope this thread helps others since i know a lot of people are having the same issues. J

Nice to meet you.