Sign in to follow this  
otshows

Morefoot spacing issue

otshows

As you can see in the image below ss_morefoot_spacing.jpg my morefoot area has a huge white space above the Callout section. I do not want this white space to be there. No matter what I put in the Morefoot area (Callout or Twitter), I still get the annoying whitespace. I was hoping to get it so the Callout would be centered below the gray line. Also, I am not the biggest fan of this gray line at the bottom of each page. I can see why it is there for when the Callout is used, but do not see why it has to be there when the Callout is not in use. Can this be removed for pages that do not have a Callout? Thanks.

batman
You can try [code]#content .content-pad{ padding-bottom: 0px }[/code] Maybe you serve

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

catrina
batman is right in offering a padding solution. For more on CSS and padding, please refer to these resources: How to use Custom CSS: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS How to use padding: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_padding.asp

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

otshows
That still didn't seem to fix the issue. It just squished it to the very bottom of the page, not removing any of the white space above it. I don't mind a little padding below, but not as much above.

catrina
What CSS code did you use? (Please paste it here using [ code ] tags - without spaces)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

otshows
I pasted exactly what Batman told me above. [code]#content .content-pad{ padding-bottom: 0px }[/code]

Rob
Try this to get rid of the grey line: [code].fpost {border-bottom: 0 none !important;}[/code] Unfortunately, there's a combination of padding that's not always easy to identify. The suggestion Batman made would remove about 10px of padding from the bottom. If you use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool, you'll notice how many padding options exist. One must be rather careful applying CSS changes with this sensitive subject as the impact of changes could be upon multiple parts of the site and not just one element.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

otshows
Thanks. That did get rid of the gray line. I just can't figure out why there is so much padding at the bottom, and how difficult this is to remedy. I'm sure someone else has asked this.

otshows
After looking again, it can't be the morefooter that is causing the spacing, it is the content above. When I inspect this with Chrome, the highlighted area for the section shows a huge area of white below. Would anyway know how to reduce the white space from the bottom of the content (page) area that is above the morefoot area? I just do not know the proper CSS to use to fix this. See image. Thanks again. [img]http://cloud.otshows.com/Hdk1/Screen%20Shot%202012-06-25%20at%2011.03.56%20AM.jpg[/img]

Rob
This first one below had 25px bottom padding and the 2nd had 1.8em: [code].hentry-pad { padding: 0 0 0; } .hentry, .clip_box { margin-bottom: 0.15em; }[/code] Try these in Custom Code > CSS Rules

otshows
That definitely helped. Thank you!

Rob
No problem.