Sign in to follow this  
jgregory

mLanguage plugin problem with PageLines

jgregory

I would like to use mLanguage plugin which allows for easy switching between languages, without automatic translation. It simply uses

[en] English [/en]
and
[de] Deutsch [/de]

shortcodes for the content. Using Twenty Eleven, it works perfectly, but with PageLines it strips out the code. How can I fix this? Any suggestions Thanks PS: The Post/Page title alternatives using Custom Fields worlds fine in PageLines.

Simon
That plugin does not support the latest wordpress, and has not been updated in over a year. Have you tried polylang or wpml, both reported to work.

jgregory
The problem with the other two is that WPML is now nop longer free and I am implementing for a Nonprofit, and the complexity of both is more than we need. What we really want to do is have 4 english versions, with slightly different localization content on each. mLanguage would be the perfect solution were it to work for PageLines. That it works fine on the latest version of Twenty Eleven v.1.4 (with WP 3.4), makes me wonder what is conflicting in PageLines (2.2.1)

Rob
Unfortunately, we can't provide support for out of date plugins. The polylang plugin is free. Again, you can always push the author of the one you prefer to update, but if he doesn't, that should be screaming to you that the support and dedication to that plugin isn't there and it's not safe to continue using. Too many plugin authors don't take their job seriously and create their plugins as hobbies they lose interest in quickly. The best means of protecting one's self from this is to use paid plugins, though I understand limited budgets.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur