Sign in to follow this  
bobborsongmailcom

background color change

bobborsongmailcom

I am interested in changing the background color to #c7b299. All the contents of the boxes can remain white, I am just talking about everything in the surrounding background

cmunns

Just add to your CUSTOM CSS section in the THEME OPTIONS. `body {background-color:#c7b299;}`

bobborsongmailcom

okay - that's a start but it only changes the section below the header. Everything above is still white. I'd leave it up to have you see but I don't really want my site to look that odd - maybe you have a sample one where you could see for yourself. Thanks

Andrew

can you post a live link or screenshot of what you're seeing?

princeofwhales

I too like Robert did not find a way to change the feature background color from white but the rest of the page yes in the css.

bobborsongmailcom

sorry but I don't know how to post a live link. I can make a screen shot but how would I get that to you? I could send a DM to you via twitter? Sorry that I don't know more but I appreciate the help

cmunns

Okay, it looks like the background image for the same section is overriding the color. So just beneath where you added the previous code for background-color, add: `background-image:none;`

princeofwhales

Thank you we solved it

bryan-hadaway

To post a link to your website, simply copy the URL from the URL bar at the top of your browser when looking at your website and paste that URL here. A URL looks like: http://www.website.com/ Also, for the code, altogether it would be: ` body{ background-color:#c7b299; background-image:none} ` of course changing c7b299 to whatever color code you want. This should be pasted in your Custom CSS under Custom Code in your Theme Options in your WordPress admin. Thanks, Bryan

bobborsongmailcom

excellant - thank you