Sign in to follow this  
yuhtok

Blog Excerpt can't work

yuhtok

Hello Everyone.I'm a Japanese. Please tell me.I want to show excerpt on Blog Page. But,full post show against my will. I configured Excerpt Length to 25!! Please help.

Stefan
Hey there! Can you make sure excerpts are activated in the blog settings? Instructions here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Blog_and_Posts_Settings In addition, make sure post summaries are active in the WordPress Settings > Reading.

yuhtok
Hi! Mr.Stefan. Thank you for your reply. I found the reason blog excerpts can't work. Probably,My blog post is written in Japanese. When Contributing the???blog post written in English to the trial, blog excerpts WORK!! Do you know the method as whick an excerpts function is operated also in Japanese?

catrina
I think one workaround would be to add the text in excerpts using English and then use a translator plugin to translate the excerpt to Japanese or you can try this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-excerpt

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yuhtok
Hello.Mr.Catrina Sorry for the late relpy. It did not work, although the plug-in was put in. But,the cause was found. Another plug-in called [WP Multibyte Patch] was interfering. When stopping the plug-in, the excerpt function functioned. For a while, a problem is solved now. Thank you, everyone.