Sign in to follow this  
johnwood

Feature Link URL not working

johnwood

I'm trying to use a feature with "Full Width Background Image - No Text - Links Entire BG". I've uploaded the background image using "Full Size - Feature Background Image" and the image shows up in the feature slide. However when I try to use the "Feature Link URL" the link doesn't go to the specified page and just reloads the current page. Inspecting the page source there is no href attribute at all in the tag which explains why it's reloading the same page. I've tried to use the "Feature HTML" section as well to pull off this functionality but it doesn't work either. I've also tried this with all my plugins turned off and it makes no difference. Thanks, John

Danny
Hi John, First of all, I noticed that the website you linked above is using version 2.2, would it be possible to upgrade to version 2.2.1 please and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

johnwood
Thanks. This fixed the problem. Another issue I noticed though is that my footer seems to have disappeared since upgrading to 2.2 and is still missing in 2.2.1. Any insights on how to correct that?

Danny
Hi John, Do you have any sections active in your Footer Template ?

johnwood
There are no active sections in my Footer Template.

johnwood
@Danny any further thoughts on this? Should this be moved to its own thread maybe?

Danny
Hi John, Can you remove that slider please and then add a new one using the following options. Leave all options empty and then go to Feature Media and add your image you wish to be full width to the "Full Size - Feature Background Image" and then check the "Make Feature HTML Full Width" box. Save your settings and see if this works.

johnwood
@Danny, The Feature is actually working now. I was actually trying to get my footer back which went missing after 2.2. I guess I made it confusing by adding a new issue into this thread. Sorry about that, any thoughts on the footer issue? Or should I start a new thread?

Danny
Hi John, Would it be possible to start a new topic please, that way it will be easier for both the support team and users who may have a similar issue.