Sign in to follow this  
peters_publishing

Issue with 2.2.1 and Feature

peters_publishing

I just upgraded this site to 2.2.1, and it mostly went ok... Still had to fix the widgets, but the bigger problem is that my full size video features in the second feature set on the home page have become white boxes. Any ideas?

Andrew

Umm, Live link? Could be a bug, there have been some changes to the features.

catrina

The URL was posted the first time :) I see the video in your slider, but it's pushed upward so the bottom third of it is showing (on Firefox for Mac). What browser are you using to the view the site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

peters_publishing

There should be a second set of features that are full width videos under "Meet your Spanish Teachers." It doesn't show for me in Safari or Chrome on a Mac, just a big empty white box.

onlinetracker

I have the same problem on one of my sites, I have Features disabled on others so I haven't checked there. I manually changed the display of the text after the upgrade to display differently, but the third link on the features set on my site www.ohmtown.com looks exactly how it turned out after the upgrade. Another issue that appeared was the footer when solid white as well. I must learn to sandbox these things before deploying them, but instant gratification is so much better when it works.

peters_publishing

Umm, I really need to get my site back to normal here. Anyone?

Rob

I'm unsure why the videos are not showing in the second slide set. However, could you describe how these videos are being applied to the feature slides, and what code is being used?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

@onlinetracker. Please open your own topic. Thanks.

onlinetracker

@rangelone I said I have the same problem. Is there a problem?

catrina

For moderating reasons, it's best to start a new topic so that your issue remains separate in case the cause of the problem (even if the issue is similar) turns out to be different (i.e. one solution may work for the topic starter, but it may not work for you - whether it does or doesn't, we'll refer you to the solution, anyway, just so you can see if it works for you). That way, the progression of posts in the thread won't be so confusing and we can offer more individualized help. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

peters_publishing

@rangelone So, in the individual features, under "Feature Settings," I have: Full Width Background Image - No Text - Links Entire BG Black Text - No Feature Background - No Overlay ( I tried toggling this second option around - made no difference) Everything else is blank, except for "Feature HTML" in which I have standard Youtube embed code. For the Feature setting for the page that they appear on, I've got the feature set selected, the navigation set to names, Static Height, and height set to 480px. I've tried toggling from static to aspect... no difference. The other settings here are blank. Hope that's enough info. Let me know if you need more.

Rob

You should use old embed code for videos. Crazy, I know. But it works.

does not work as well (or at all) compared to
[/code]

Which type of code were you using in Feature HTML?

Rob

Did you set a transition speed?

peters_publishing

I tried resetting the transition speed to 0. No change. I'm using this style embed code:

[/code]

I tried the old style Youtube code to see if that would work for some reason. No change. The code above worked just fine before I upgraded to 2.2.

catrina

What would happen if you tried adding Vimeo embed code? (Just wondering to see if it's an issue with YouTube and Framework or any video embed code and Framework)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

peters_publishing

Tried Vimeo... No change. Then I tried just switching the settings from:Full Width Background Image - No Text - Links Entire BG to: Text on Bottom That made the video's come back. I'd still like to go back to the original look - with no text, but at least for the time being my videos are visible again.

Danny

Hi Peter, I have just tested this and I get the same issue, therefore I think this may well be a bug. I have reported this for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

peters_publishing

Thanks Danny!

Rob

We'll have to wait until the developers investigate and resolve the bug. Thanks for your patience.

peters_publishing

Any word on this? I've tried switching back to the full width, but it still gives me a blank feature. One of the problems I'm having on my site is that with the text across the bottom, users cannot click on the Youtube controls.

Rob

What version are you using? I think this might have been resolved in 2.2.4.

peters_publishing

I'm on 2.2.4

Danny

Hi Peter, If you want to create a full width feature slider, simply leave the two settings alone when creating your feature sliders and see if this resolves your issue. http://screencast.com/t/Kb5gwQQcNn

Please search our forums, before posting!

peters_publishing

That just put the text to the left. Also, I'm on 2.2.5 now.