Sign in to follow this  
mewaddoups

Move Primary Navigation Bar

mewaddoups

I would like to move the primary navigation bar to the top right-hand corner of my site and I would like the line under the navigation bar to go away. I switched to BrandNav but lost my social icons. Please help me, I am about to pull the rest of my hair out! I am using the Base Theme. Thank you in advance!! :) Marjorie my site: www.curtsampson.com

anthalis
Hi Marjorie, In Pagelines 2.2.1 a solution would be to use the new NavBar instead of the Nav Classic. Once you have pulled that one above or below your branding, you can go to Pagelines > Site Options> NavBar. Select the Black transparent theme for the Regular nav bar, the menu you want to use in the Regular one and in the 4 checkboxes at the bottom choose Standard NavBar - Align Menu Right? (Defaults Left). If you click the Fixed Navigation Bar the framework will add a new Nav Bar at the very top of your site, which can also be configured with the options Black/Right/choose menu. For the new NavBar to show capitalized menu items, add [code].navbar .navline > li > a {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold;}[/code] to the stylesheet of your child theme or in the Custom Code area under PageLines>Site Options. Otherwise you need to to include the social icons in the Brandnav section, which will require some coding. Let us know if you would rather use this solution instead and we'll try to walk you through it. Regards.

Danny
Hi Marjorie, Did you try anthalis suggestion and did it resolve your issue ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

mewaddoups
Hi Anthalis: Your solution worked seamlessly. I rolled out of bed this morning and all my problems are solved. I noticed my active menu item color is not green, I use the CSS Lite Plugin for my menu colors and the active menu item is set to #7DB025. I disabled the theme in the nav options, but the green is still gone. Any suggestions? Thank you so much! I appreciate your help! Marjorie

mewaddoups
Hi Anthalis: I ran into a few issues with the NavBar, I cannot deactivate the drop down menu or change the color with simple CSS Lite Plugin. I have changed the header template back to nav classic and arranged the nav bar above my branding. I need the navigation to appear on the top right-hand corner of my site. I have tried entering the custom code below, when I did the navigation bar completely disappeared. I have also used BrandNav but my social icons disappear. I would really appreciate help. Thank you in advance :) Marjorie #primary-nav ul.main-nav.nosearch { width:inherit; float:right; margin-top:10px; } #nav_row.main_nav { display: none;}

mewaddoups
I uploaded the file to cpanel and changed the header template in site options to BrandNav with social icons and everything is working perfectly. Thank you so much for your help, I cannot possibly convey how much it means to me. Thanks! Marjorie

anthalis
;) Clarification: The solution was coding the icons into a custom brandnav section. The zipped section can be provided on request.