Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itschelsea

Deleted Code in header.php

itschelsea    0
itschelsea

I mistakenly deleted the last line in my Edit Themes > Pagelines:Header (header.php) ... anyone know the code to restore it? My site does not pull up at all now. Thanks!

itschelsea    0
itschelsea
The exact message I am getting when trying to reach my site is: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/31/9444731/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/header.php on line 58 I have Pagelines 1.1.3 Helllllppp, I'm a newbie!

mackenzie    12
mackenzie
Where you able to fix the issue with that code?

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

itschelsea    0
itschelsea
Yes, I fixed the issue with this code above. Thank you!

Rob    547
Rob
Great. I am going to accept an answer to conclude this topic for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mightyjak    0
mightyjak
I did exactly the same just now and this post saved. Thanks, itschelsea!

jdaitkins    0
jdaitkins

It would have been great if someone had said what the solution was. I did exactly the same thing and this string alludes to a happy ending but no one can benefit from it because the solution is not shown. Dang! 

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you have deleted code from the header.php file or any core DMS file, the first you should note is that we do not provide support to users who have made changes to the core files, as this is something we do not recommend nor support.

However, to restore the file(s) to their original state is quite simple, simply download a fresh copy of DMS, extract the zip and then locate the file you have made changes and replace it with the one in the zip you just downloaded, you can do this with an FTP client.

Please search our forums, before posting!