Sign in to follow this  
pagelinesbetsy

Deactivating Buddypress/BBpress

pagelinesbetsy

Hi! We want to turn off Buddypress/BBpress and take a look at how Vanilla would work as a replacement. 1.) Can I just deactivate all of the associated plugins? Will I lose all of my settings doing this? 2.) Can they both be on at the same time? Thanks! Josh (Betsy's partner)

Rob
1 Yes you can deactivate the plugins (all of them related to BuddyPress and bbPress) and your settings will be preserved. 2. They can, but it will be a major memory drain on your server. All the social networking/forum systems are memory intensive. I'm not sure having bbPress, BuddyPress and Vanilla all active at the same time is safe for your server. How much available RAM do you have? How much is allocated to PHP? We just made some great new improvements to BuddyPress. Is there something you're seeing that's problematic?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pagelinesbetsy
Actually I haven't upgraded to the new version yet. No problems doing that with Pagelines, then?

catrina
You can try the new version of BuddyPress first then decide if you want to try Vanilla or try Vanilla and decide if you want to go back to BuddyPress.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse