Sign in to follow this  
elwingfield

Custom Sidebar not showing after upgrade to 2.2.1

elwingfield

I added custom sidebars to my pagelines framework so that i could have different sidebars on different pages. For example pagelines comes with a folder sb_primary and sb_secondary, etc. I added some additional sidebards: sb_custom1 and sb_custom2. They were working fine until i upgraded to 2.2.1. Once I upgraded to 2.2.1 they are no longer registered. They do not show up on my pages nor do they show up on the widget page as an optional sidebar. Its like they dont exist. I looked on my server to make sure the sb_custom1 and sb_custom2 folders were still on the server after my upgrade and folders are still there but not registering or working. What can I do to make these custom sidebars work?? Again, they worked fine prior to my upgrade. I used the instructions found here http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Add_Custom_Sidebars to add my sidebars and they worked fine before i upgraded. How do i fix my custom sidebars to work in 2.2.1? Thank you.

Rob
Evidently, you must have edited core files which we strongly recommend against doing. The inevitable result is overwriting the customized code and loss of the customization. That's why we provide a series of tools to use. The link you provided is outdated with 2.2. I apologize about that and we'll certainly update that. I'm unclear at this time how to add customized sidebars. Was there a reason Widget Logic plugin didn't work for you?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

elwingfield
I have not touched the style.css file at all nor have i touched any of the files in the framework. All i did was add sb_custom1 and sb_custom2 folders as those instructions specified. Does adding custom sidebars work for you on your 2.2? I would like to know if it is a pageline 2.2 framework problem or is it something i messed up on my install of 2.2. If it works for you and not for me then I know its my issue no pagelines. Thank you.

elwingfield
And to answer your question about why not use widget logic...I like the pagelines functionality of just being able to hide the sidebar by default and then select it when i need it. I paid good money for pageline functionality and like to use as many pageline features as possible apposed to plugins. But I will def give the widget logic a look. But if possible if you can still answer my question above about whether or not custom sidebars should work. Thank you.

catrina
That documentation is not-up-to-date with 2.2 so that may be why the custom sidebars aren't working. I'll put in a note about that.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse