Sign in to follow this  
kbeaux

I tried to upgrade to 2.2.1 and I get the "white screen of death"

kbeaux

Hi All, Excuse the sound of panic. Today I upgraded my client's site to Framework 2.2.1 and now I get the dreaded "white screen of death". I have deleted the pagelines folder in the themes folder and I got my admin panel back... I have tried to install pagelines from the update page.. back to the white screen. I have uploaded it via .zip = WS of Death. Via FTP same thing. When I delete the theme I can get back to the dashboard, but I cannot get pagelines to function at all. this is a problem as my client is expecting to see the site in under an hour. Yes that is panic you hear in my typing.

kbeaux
Do I need do delete the Base theme? Would that help.. I'm really confused and stressed... the site was working perfectly in 2.1.6 is there a way to get that back?

Henry Perkins
Did you perform all basic operations before doing a major upgrade? Database backup and site backup? Export your PageLines settings? Save all our custom CSS and other customizations you've done to the Framework Base theme. Assuming you've done all that. Activate one of the default themes that come with WordPress. Delete the Base Theme. Then re-install PageLines from newest package available in Launchpad. Activate that theme, then go into the store and install/activate the Base theme.

Jenny
Check this topic for a "white screen" solution: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17581/common-reasons-why-pagelines-framework-2.x-update-may-not-work#Item_1

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kbeaux
I have the CSS Backed up, I didn't export the pagelines settings.. Stupid move I know. I will never be that cavalier again.. There also seems to be a folder called "pagelines-template-theme" which i don't remeber installing. should I delete that one as well?

Rob
No. Don't delete it. Its the base theme folder.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kbeaux
UGH. As soon as I activate pagelines I get the white screen again. No dashboard, nothing... The only way I can even see the dashboard again is delete the pagelines folder. and um too late I got rid of everything in the themes folder except for the default themes. I placed an "*" infront of the pagelines folder and I was able to get back to dashboard. I disabled all plug-ins and activated Pagelines again. White Screen. I put the asterix back in front of the pagelinnes theme folder and I can get back to the dashboard..

kbeaux
@rangelone @simple_mama & @hperkins Thank you for all your help. I disabled all the plug-ins re-installed so far so good. Next time before I upgrade i will make sure to have everything exported and backed up but for now it's on with the work. Also I have to say from what I can see and the panic I just went through 2.2 seems like a great improvement. I just wish I could have made the transition smoother. Again thank you for all of your quick help and gentle guidance..