Sign in to follow this  
vishalvinayak

Trouble selecting the right hook

vishalvinayak

I wanted to insert a custom image after the logo (in exactly the center of the branding section). Currently i'm inserting an image with the tagline, later i would want to replace that with some other image. I've tried multiple hooks (from http://api.pagelines.com/hooks/) to get the same done but i'm not able to figure out the right hook. Could someone guide me on that? Thanks in advance.

Jenny
Use something like the universal sidebar. Add the section to your header.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

vishalvinayak
Thanks for your answer simple_mama. However, i'm looking to include the image in the current branding section only. I dont want to put the universal section on top just to add the image. I was asking if i can use a hook in the branding section, similar to the hook 'brandnav_after_brand' available in the brandnav section. I can't see a hook which can do this trick for me in the branding section. Here's the sample code i'm using to do this in the brandnav section. add_action('brandnav_after_brand', 'add_additional_image'); function add_additional_image() { echo ''; }

Rob
The hook you want is [b]pagelines_inside_top_branding[/b] and I don't think you should apply a float:left. Instead, you should wrap the image in a div (I suggest 'additionalimage'), then, use CSS in Custom Code > CSS Rules or PageLines Customize/style.css to position it. You'll have much greater flexibility this way. Here's a modified version of what I use: [code]#branding .additionalimage { float: left; z-index: 10; position: relative; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

vishalvinayak
Thank you for your reply @rangealone. I instead used the following code and it did the trick for me. Thanks anyway. add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'add_tagline'); function add_tagline() { echo '
'; }

Rob
I'm glad it worked for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur