Sign in to follow this  
yasharozov

2.2 and site layout, color control

yasharozov

Hi, Im having issues with site layout and such. If you look at the link youll see how all the content goes all the way right instead of being closer to the left hand column (universal sidebar). Also, Ive lost the yellow background and trying to give one in color control has no effect....

Jenny
Looks like you have incorrect HTML somewhere. Find where this is.. there is a stray end "p" tag: [code]

[/code] Also something is messed up with this, looks like it's plugin related (stray "a" and "p" tags): [code]

[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

yasharozov
Hello Jenny, Thanks for your input but youll see that if you click on any page in the left hand menu the same problem occurs. i.e - this is not html page related but most probably a css problem of some kind. Regarding your second example I deactivated the plugin and the problem persists..

Jenny
I checked the site using Firebug and everything displays as it should. You have a narrow left column and a right column. The blank space.. I dunno where it comes from. You should check your custom code and make sure you don't have any errors. Also check ALL of your sidebar code for errors (like the closing P tags above). Errors in sidebar code throw the entire site off.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

yasharozov
Thanks Jenny. I removed the sidebar completley and still the same problem. I dont really have any custom code as ive removed it as well.. oh well...

yasharozov
It's ok now. Must have been a plugin interfering..

Rob
Quite probably a plugin conflict. Thanks for letting us know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur