Sign in to follow this  
shane@access-one.com.au

Site fail with 2.2 update

shane@access-one.com.au

Upgraded my site that is currently in development to 2.2 and have lost all css styling which appears to be a growing trend. However I have tried all the fixes that has already been posted with no joy, I have noticed that I do get a Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in ../public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/less.plugin.php which I've tried to increase the memory limit with a phpscript in a few directories with still no joy... I have also the latest 2.2.1 cPanel Version 11.30.4 (build 6) PHP version 5.2.17 not sure what's next. Shane p.s Still love Pagelines

Danny
Hi Shane, The PHP memory issue can be resolved by contacting your web host provider and asking them to increase your PHP memory. Most shared hosting is set to 32MB by default, ask them to increase this to 128MB or 256MB. Let us if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

shane@access-one.com.au
Thanks Danny, I have increased to 256M. This is a common fix that I'm aware of, I was previously running ver 2.1.6 with no issues?

Danny
Hi Shane, Are you saying that you have contacted your web host provider and they have increased the PHP memory limit to 256MB or have you done this yourself by adding specific code to your wp-config.php ?

shane@access-one.com.au
I change my PHP memory limit using a php.ini file and .htaccess which is the standard procedure for my hosting co.

shane@access-one.com.au
[b]The issue as seen via firebug...[/b] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /home/meme9839/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/less.plugin.php on line 2837

Danny
Hi Shane, OK, I will discuss this issue with one of our developers and report here when I get more information. I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Simon
Shane, you may have changed it in htaccess, but it is still 32M The code we use to up the limit is the same as wordpress uses when the upgrader works. Please ask your host why your stuck on 32M when you have set a new limit in htaccess, they may have a hard limit set, or blocked the ini_set php directive, which kinda sux.

Danny
Hi Shane, I have just ran your website through this service and I noticed that the server your website is located on has a whopping 719 websites on it. This isn't great tbh and I would recommend you either ask your host to be changed to a new server, change web host completely or upgrade your package/plan from shared hosting to VPS/Ded Box. http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/

shane@access-one.com.au
Wow what a slap in the face, just got the 50% off email for framework 2.2 1 week to late!

Danny
Hi Shane, Did you contact your web host provider regarding the issue with your PHP memory limit?

shane@access-one.com.au
In the process of changing hosts with an upgrade to a cloud solution

catrina
Okay, please post here again if you're still experiencing issues after the change (hopefully you won't have issues!).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse