Sign in to follow this  
Eileen Starbuck

Customization Questions

Eileen Starbuck

I'm playing around and trying to learn, so bare with me. ;-) I installed a plugin that said this: "The plugin CSS has now been moved into a single included file under [PLUGIN_FOLDER]/css/css-front.css" How do I edit that? I'm assuming that I can't do this through WordPress and/or PageLines interface. Is this something I need to edit in a .txt file and download/upload via FTP...like FileZilla?

"...learning, growing and sharing online!"

http://www.everythingeileen.com

catrina
You can edit it using FTP. FileZilla would work. You just need to remember that if the plugin is updated and the files for it are overwritten, so will your changes in that CSS file. If you want to avoid worrying about that, you can overwrite the existing CSS in the plugin folder by adding custom CSS to the Custom Code section in your settings.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wonderwoman
You can also edit it using Wordpress. go to plugins > edit > Select plugin to edit: (choose your plugin) and press Select. Below that you'll get a list of files, pick your css file and edit it in the window provided on the screen.