pehja

Localization

pehja

Hi! I have a nifty little plug called Localization, but it appears that your theme is blocking some code. Is it so, and if, why?. I get this from the authors page. Scripting Guard - hardening against plugin/theme based malformed script injections Some authors of plugins and themes does not care about how they attach javascripts into WordPress backend pages. They pollute pages from other plugins with their own script code and damage the proper function of those plugins. The plugin Codestyling Localization introduced a high sophisticated inject detection and will show error messages, if themes or plugins try to inject their own scripts into this plugin pages. Furthermore all embedded scripts will be safe guarded and traced in case they will raise runtime exceptions. Doing so this plugin protects itself of malfunction caused by 3rd party plugin/theme authors. This will ensure the correct behavoir for this page, but expect at other backend pages malfunctioning code, because this is a global issue. CDN - Javascripts loaded using Content Delivery Networks instead of WordPress provide files Some Blog owner decide to replace the location where the Javascripts will be loaded from by using a Plugin. In normal cases this should work proper but sometimes WordPress includes versions of Scripts not yet hosted at CDN provider. The Guard will threat CDN usage as warning and checks if all files can be load from CDN. If not possible to load at least one file, additionally an error message will be issued to show, that this page will not work as expected. What can I do, if I get this protection message alert? If your Installation has this kind of problems, please contact the author of theme or plugin(s) which inject their script code either accidentally or intentionally (click message details). He/she must repair the affected theme/plugin to play nicely with other plugins at WordPress backend and/or restrict its scripts to the 3rd party theme/plugin pages only. Theme & Plugin Authors - exclusion from Guard for developers You may have written a Plugin or Theme that requires scripts at all pages but play nicely at backend pages. In those cases please send me an email with your repository link. I will check this Plugin or Theme and exclude it from trace, if the test will show, that it is working well.

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

catrina

I'm not sure what code could be blocked (this issue is more of @simon's area of expertise). Have you already tried deactivating your other active plugins just to rule that out as a possible cause?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

pehja

@catrina, I am aware that there could be another plug causing this. But since the only thing i did was the upgrade of PageLine, I assumed this was the issue. It's just frustrating to change the language file every time there is an upgrade. Localization makes it easy. All other theme and/or plug is manageable with localization except PageLine.

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Peter, I'm unsure that we've added javascript to the new update, but we did change CSS. I doubt however this would impact the plugin unless it's conflicting with the layout and functionality of the plugin's styling. I'd suggest submitting a bug report for this at http://www.pagelines.com/tracking and include a link to the plugin. I'm sure our developers will take some time to test the plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pehja

To complicated!!

Pehja Production.png

pehja

Yes please!

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hi Peter, Can you provide a link to the plug-in please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Hi Peter, According to the changelog, the plug-in has not been updated since 2008-12-08, therefore if you have an issue you are going to have to contact the developer.

pehja

Find that very strange since I updated it two weeks ago! But I will check it out!

Pehja Production.png

pehja

According to details in the plugin it was updated 13 days ago... Sk?¤rmavbild-2012-06-26-kl.-00.53.48.png

Pehja Production.png

catrina

You should try contacting the plugin developer for more info about this issue to see if he has any more details about what could be done (if he has responded to this issue in the past - he may offer some useful insight).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

zouleo

I have the same problem.

Danny

Hi Peter, The link you provided to the plugin, has a changelog on that page and on there it says that version 1.6.5 was last updated on: 2008-12-08 - 1.65 release http://www.code-styling.de/english/development/wordpress-plugin-codestyling-localization-en Therefore, I apologise I have no experience with this plug-in and wasn't sure if this was on the Wordpress repo or not. Thanks for informing me of this. Now would it be possible to go into greater detail as to what is the issue, simply saying "blocking some code" isn't enough information. Look forward to your reply.

pehja

Pageline does not show up in the localization admin page, where all the other themes and plugs show up. This is by far the best way to handel translations in wp. But it is not possible to translate Pageline through this fantastic plug. Sorry I can not be more spesific than that. Try the plug and see.

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hi Peter, One of our developers has contacted the author of the plugin. We will reply here when we have more information.

pehja

Just thought I should check..

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Peter, I don't think our developer has heard back from the plugin author or we'd have heard. The reason your plugin works with themes is that they're not frameworks. We have a recommended method of converting .po/.mo files that you're aware of and we support that well documented method. Unfortunately we cannot force the plugin author to respond to us and I strongly suggest you write to them and ask for support directy. They can try a demo of our framework at demo.pagelines.com for testing.

pehja

Yes I know how to localize and this isn't a great issue. But thought I should bring it up. IF it had been a simple thing to correct. However if you guys rather use poedit and your own translation center. It's fine with me.

Pehja Production.png

sciamannikoo

Pageline does not show up in the localization admin page, where all the other themes and plugs show up. This is by far the best way to handel translations in wp. But it is not possible to translate Pageline through this fantastic plug. Sorry I can not be more spesific than that. Try the plug and see.

As for PageLines not showing up on Codestyling Localization plugin, here you can find a customized version, based on what has been discussed here.

Hope this helps: it did to me with another similar theme and PageLines as well (just tried).

• Like 1

Rob

Thanks for your input sciamannikoo!