Sign in to follow this  
billstevens

Upgrade to 2.2 and all formatting has been lost. CSS?

billstevens

As said, upgraded to day and a great site layout dissapeared to be replaced with the mess you now see. I have tried to change things hoping that would re-write something and it would fix itself, but no joy. Very upset at this upgrade. Not a good move.

revoltoid
did you not by any chance write your custom css codes into the the theme itself and have forgot to save/export them before upgrading? do you use the customize plugin?

billstevens
No, I am way of custom code stuff. This site was a Platform Pro, updated to Pagelines when they charged us extra for the upgrade!!! LOL.. Then I just clicked on the update today, and the site loses all its css. It will not take any changes now either. Can not change layout or backgrounds etc. No custom stuff running. I tried deactivating all the widgets etc. Worried I may just have to delete pagelines and start again. Not happy about that idea. Hope someone from pagelines will pick this up. Can see I am not the only person dissapointed with this upgrade. They should have tested it better.

Rob
@billstevens, I notice that you didn't apply the solution I suggested in another topic you posted in over the exact same issue. It might be more helpful to read this topic which was posted early this morning. Repeating these issues isn't helping your site resume normalcy. The solution to your problem is http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/20093/widget-restoration-in-2.2#Item_2 and all it takes is sliding some widgets up and down in the sidebars. Please define specifics about your CSS problems. I'm confused that if you don't have custom CSS, how can your cSS be broken? What is broken?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
@billstevens I see your server is running windows, care to try an updated file to fix your issue?

billstevens
The 2.2.1 update solved everything for me. Thankyou lads.

Danny
Hi Bill, I'm happy to hear you issue has been resolved, thank you for informing us, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!