Sign in to follow this  
COVVHA

LOST ALL CSS AND HAVE ERRORS

COVVHA

I just updated my platform pro to whatever it was that I woke up to this morning 2.2. I believe? My custom CSS code which was set to CENTER MY MAIN LOGO IMAGE is no longer working I now also have an ERROR CODE in the top menu bar -- PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at `var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; ` line: 831 Somebody please give me the WORD FOR WORD CSS CODE to put my logo back to center, I need the full code from BODY to /> and what to do about the rest of it.!!!!!! Im heading out for vacation and I hate to leave my site like this :(

Simon
well, looks like you have javascript in the custom css box

Simon
Please post the contents of your custom css to http://paste.pagelines.com

COVVHA
Can you please tell me how to go back to the last version so that I can deal with this after I get back from vacation... This is what is in the css body div.branding_wrap {text-align: center;}

COVVHA
sorry pasted where you told me to now

Simon
http://screencast.com/t/QTHBLWAu8e I have highlighted the javascript for you, it needs to go in the headerscripts area, just below the css box. css box, only css.

COVVHA
(This is truthnofools Dad / tech support.) The problems have been fixed. I moved the java scritp back to where it was in the headers/scripts area to fix the css error. I had to override the #branding .mainlogo-link, #branding .mainlogo-img entry in style.css and change the display attribute to inline from block. I suspect this is changed in the update and that is what caused the original problem - the image alignment. I also suspect that my offspring moved the javascript in an attempt to fix the aligment problem. Does anyone know how to convince someone no to make upgrades to a live site before testing them on a development site?

catrina
I think the best way to convince someone to not make upgrades to a live site is by telling them that it's always best practice to test the upgrade on a development site first so that any problems can be cleaned up "behind the scenes" rather than in front of website visitors.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

COVVHA
That works with people who understand software development and are familiar with development, test and production environments. But we're talking Wordpress - software for the masses. In my daughters case she's put together a very attractive and effective website - including the use of pagelines. But every once in a while she shoots first and aims later and dad gets to fix whatever she shot.

catrina
I can't think of any other way to convince someone to test before going live. : I think it's just a safe route to take when a drastic change is made. Maybe someone else on the forum can offer a more convincing argument than that. :) If you want to learn more about using a test environment on a local server, WordPress offers documentation on it: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_Locally_on_Your_Mac_With_MAMP (this is for Mac users - you can also look up a way for Windows users by searching for WAMP WordPress installation)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse