Sign in to follow this  
evoke2

Hi I am looking for a theme that can acomplish a certain look

evoke2

Hi all, I have a client that wants to have his website emulate this one. http://www.nquerysolutions.com/ I have only ever used the basic pageline themes. Is there a certain theme I can use to accomplish this look or can i do it with the basic pageline theme maybe changing the css? The look I am talking about is the top part one color, the header another and the rest of the site including the body another color all in the entire width of the site.

Rob
Using PageLines Customize and Base (allowing you to create your own custom child theme), you can most certainly accomplish that in PageLines. You'll need some good CSS skills, but that's not too difficult to replicate. Have you looked at some of the fantastic sites in our Showcase?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evoke2
yes, and many of them are amazing. The problem that I have is the limited knowledge of CSS i know. Please don't laugh but I have been making sites using tables until recently when I discovered Wordpress and realized that everyone is using div tags and CSS in ways I have not. I have mainly been focusing the past few years on graphic designing and social media and have not had to make websites for clients in sometime. Now all of a sudden I am getting many new request for sites. I know HTML enough to plug in code or manipulate JavaScript and I have had success with Pagelines altering some css and plugging it into the Custom Code area. I either just don't find the correct code I need or I am not really asking the right question in the search fields on the forums because I have not been able to do what I need.

Rob
I wouldn't laugh a bit because I did the exact same thing and still use a few tables on my own site. We do offer Pro site developers. You could use their help from time to time with special aspects you don't know how to achieve. Also, you could buy some books. That's how I did my site first time out... a book taught me the basics and I took it from there. I've been online since 1996 and still going strong.

evoke2
I really love the following sites on the showcase. http://www.renderinnovations.com/ http://colombiaholidays.com/ I wish it would say what Theme was used for each site in your showcase area.

evoke2
Thanks Range! What book do you recommend?

Rob
Some basic book on WordPress. There are many out there. Look for the most recently published. Also, find a book on CSS3 and HTML5. Those will help you with customizations. Often, the best books have a CD with tutorials. Those are great.

evoke2
Thanks!

Rob
No prob. It shouldn't take you more than a few days to master this.