Sign in to follow this  
ejeklint

Disaster with 2.2, everything is 404. What to do?

ejeklint

So I na??vely upgraded to 2.2 and site screwed up entirely. First I got 404 on every page. Disabling W3 Total Cache helped restoring access to the pages - I did try to empty caches first but that didn't help. Fonts and layouts are still completely messed up. According to Firefox, the site CSS has the wrong MIME type, text/html instead of text/css and is thus not loaded. This is the worst upgrade of a Wordpress plugin I've ever experienced... guess I'm learning a lesson here.

Danny
Hi Ejeklint, Can you disable all active plug-ins and then go to Appearance > Themes and see if this resolves the issue. I have updated several installations from 2.1.6 to 2.2 and had no such issues. Reply back as soon as possible so we can try to resolve this issue for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ejeklint
Yep, it's a plugin conflict. I disabled Polylang (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/polylang/) and site layout is restored. But without polylang my site is now one language only instead of three.

Danny
Hi, What happens when you re-enable the plug-in ? If you can provide more information and screenshots, I'll bring this to the developers attention for you.

ejeklint
If I re-enable Polylang the page get's screwed up again with the CSS thing. It's 100% repeatable.

Simon
I have a patch for polylang if you would be up for testing. replace pagelines/includes/class.render.css.php with this: http://paste.pagelines.com/6ep

Danny
Hi Ejeklint, Thanks for testing, I will bring this to Simon's attention.