Sign in to follow this  
meanmcbean

Can I Return to Pagelines 2.1?

meanmcbean

Hi, I just now updated to PageLines 2.2, and now everything is messed up on my site. Is there a way to go back to PageLines 2.1? Things are kind of hectic now, and I don't have time to relearn this. Thanks.

Simon
messed up how?

nickod26
Yep me too. Super size image doesn't work anymore. It moved all my widget content to different widgets. I need a fix ASAP please!!

Andrew
There will be a patch out for any issues by Thursday .. 2.2.1. Just provide us with the details of the bugs are and we'll work on them in the morning. Screenshots and Live Links help the most

nickod26
I moved my widget content manually so that is fine (but still not cool that every time upgrade it seems to happen to all my sites). Here is a screen capture of the Supersize Background not working. This background image used to fill the whole screen in Pagelines 2.1.4. [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/sigcnp9saz1w8t3/Screen%20Shot%202012-06-20%20at%2012.46.50%20PM.png[/url]

Danny
@meanmcbean - Can you provide more information please. @nickod26 Thank you for providing the image, however would it be possible to provide a link to your website too please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

gord
Here is an example of how 2.2 just destroyed one of my websites (a client site, so I'm in trouble): http://www.vmsuk.com/ As you can see, the feature sets are all bunched up and the banners and boxes are all over the place. It is absolutely urgent that you repair this and issue your patch asap. In the meantime, how do I revert to 2.1? Damn! :-O

gord
... also my backgrounds have disappeared. This is a nightmare!!!!!!!

Danny
@Gord, I have reviewed your compiled CSS and you have an issue that has been reported before where you have the letter r stripped from your CSS. I am not 100% sure what the cause of this and how it was resolved, but can be resolved and as far as I can remember it had something to do with Plesk. Again not 100% sure, but I will find out for you and reply here as soon as I have more information. Do you use Plesk ?

meanmcbean
Hi, all of my widgets and my meta data for each page.

meanmcbean
Thanks. I was able to work on it a little, and I will be able to fix things. Have a good day!

butcher
this update and 2.2 is a nightmare... i just tested it on backup site...and I'm glad i didnt do it on live page... it destroys almost everything !!!! very NOT cool update process....

Rob
Folks, this won't resolve all your issues, but please see http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/20093/widget-restoration-in-2.2 if you have issues with the widget order.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gord
@Danny Danny - I do use Plesk, but I really cannot believe this can be relevant: - The damage to the site occurred only when I upgraded Pagelines - Another site on the same server, using the same Plesk installation, which does not have the pagelines upgrade, is absolutely fine: www.albionbell.com. - In fact, I have three sites on the same server, all running Pagelines, and the only one which has failed is the one that I upgraded to Pagelines 2.2. Occam's razor is glaring at us. And I need a fix for this ASAP.

Danny
@Gord, Your issue is that your compiled CSS has the letter r being stripped from it, you can see this her. http://www.vmsuk.com/wp-content/themes/pagelines/pagelines-compiled-css-1340267562/ To resolve this issue, can you make sure you have SuPHP installed, this resolved this issue for another user who was using Plesk. Apparently Plesk has a rather odd PHP install. Once you have SuPHP installed, go to Appearance > Themes, this refreshes your cache and then also go to Settings > Permalinks, no need to change any setting, just visiting Permalinks updates the .htaccess. Once you have completed the above, go to your website, refresh it and let me know if this resolved you issue.

gord
@Danny Too technical for me. I don't want to start messing about with my server which is working just now thanks. This problem happened when I upgraded Pagelines. Please point me towards Framework 2.1 or else 2.2.1. Or else I'll have to put Pagelines behind me and move on. I need software I can trust.

gord
@Danny Can I just point out that I use Wordpress + themes in order to make things technically simple. You casually suggest that I install suphp and when I search for instructions on how to do this, this is a typical answer: http://www.howtoforge.com/install-suphp-on-various-linux-distributions-for-use-with-ispconfig-2.2.20-and-above Is there an alternative? Will 2.2.1 fix my issue? Or do I need to leave pagelines because it's too difficult? I just want to know.

Danny
Hi Gord, Your web host provider should be able to install this for you. However, a quick fix that is assisting some people is to enable debug mode in PageLines > Site Options > Advanced Settings, scroll down until you see PageLines debug and check the box. Save the settings and then refresh your website and see if this resolves the issue.

gord
Guess what? I don't need suPHP (@Danny) ... I just needed Pagelines 2.2.1 Now I'm going to have a nice latte and try to recover from my nervous breakdown. Next time ... please ... when something is a beta ... call it a beta.

Danny
Hi Gord, I am happy to hear you have resolved your issue and I understand where you're coming from. But at the same time everyone has a different setup, for example: ??? Everyone uses different web host providers and packages and therefore have different server configurations. - [i][u]PageLines Framework has been tested on multiple local installations and on the top ten web host providers. Even on shared hosting packages.[/u][/i] ??? All users use different plug-ins, from ones that were created 5 years and last updated 4 years ago, to Premium plug-ins. - [i][u]PageLines Framework is built according to WordPress API standards and do work with the majority of plugins out there.[/u][/i] As you can see, testing all possible configurations is virtually impossible, only one user when testing 2.2. had your issue with the letter r being stripped from his compiled CSS. I myself ran several installations from new installs to upgrades from 2.1.6 to 2.2 and I never once experience any issue. A useful tip and I found this out the hardway would be to use an application such as MAMP, WAMP or XAMPP and create a local installation of all your websites and perform upgrades on these local installs first. That way, if you run into any issues performing an upgrade such as a theme/framework upgrade, plug-in update or a Wordpress update. These issues will not effect your live websites. We apologise for any inconvenience this issue may have caused and we appreciate the feedback.

nickod26
Hi.... Paglines 2.2.1 update still hasn't fixed my supersize background issues. It's driving me nuts! Was working fine in 2.1.6.

nickod26
This is the website... the background used to super size with no issues in 2.1.6 (except on iPhone as it would show a white area at the bottom in portrait mode). http://kbproductions.com.au/

nickod26
OK... I have figured out that the background image HAS to be wider than it is tall (e.g. 1800w x 1200h). That isn't the way it used to be in 2.1.6 but I have made the image square because it wasn't viewing right in portrait mode on the iPhone. Since the 2.2 update you must have added a little bit of code that recognised the vertical height of the background image also. So now I am back to my issue with the iPhone not displaying the background "fit to screen" and leaving a thick white bar at the bottom of the page. If you have any ideas I'd really appreciate them! Again the link is http://kbproductions.com.au/ You will have to view it on the iPhone and flip it around and scroll to the bottom of the page to see what I am talking about. Perfect in Landscape and no good in portrait. Thanks in advance. Cheers Nick