Sign in to follow this  
argrove

Blog page with all blog links shown in a list - other discussion accidentally accepted

argrove

Dear Catrina/ Support, After looking at the blog page a little more, this is not the functionality that I wanted to achieve. I wanted to have all blog links as a list on the page that Construction News links to. Instead what happens is 'Construction News' links to the first post and then there are arrow images that link forwards and backwards one post, whereas I wanted a list of links on this page that link to the individual posts. There are SEO reasons for wanting this funtionality. Can you please tell me how to get this functionality? Thank you and kind regards, James

argrove
Dear All, The person doing our SEO (whose advice I have to take as I haven't got a clue about SEO and the fact that she has been working in SEO for the last 10 years for a pure SEO company i.e. not web design along with it) said the following: "The functionality that we are looking for would help the usability but more importantly will help Google in finding the older posts that are no longer in the footer". Is this true? Kind regards, James

Danny
Hi James, I am not quite what you wish to achieve. Currently your Construction News is setup as a blog, the purpose of a blog page is to display teaser content for your posts and when you click either the posts title or read more link, you're then redirected to that post in which you have created. Do you want a page to display links to external posts regarding Construction News ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

argrove
Dear Danny / Support, Please see the following link for an example of what I want to do: http://www.seoplus.co.uk/blog/ All blogs links are shown on this page. This is not the functionality that I have on Argrove's site when clicking on Construction News. I'm afraid I can't say it any clearer. After clicking on Construction News it would link to a page with a list of links on that page that link to the blogs. Please see http://www.seoplus.co.uk/blog/ for an example. Kind regards, James

catrina
I'm sorry, I don't think I'm clear. On the SEO Plus site, each article is an individual blog post that links to the individual blog post page. If you want to link a page that includes a list of links to other blogs, you can create a regular page and add that list of blog links to that page... unless you mean "blog posts" instead of "blogs" (as in, other separate blogs). From my understanding, you want a page that links to other outside blogs, but in the example, there is a main page (http://seoplus.co.uk/blog) and on that page there are individual posts linking to their own post pages.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse