Sign in to follow this  
storm09

Nav Menu & Footer Titles & Typekit

storm09

Hi - This is the code, as it appears in my custom CSS for this website. I'm using Typekit for font replacement. Can someone tell me why my Nav menu and Footer titles are so small when they should be bold? Does anyone know what H tag controls either? I can't figure out what the issue is here, when to me the code is correct. Thank you in advance for any help offered. body{} } .main-nav li a {font-weight:bold;font-size:12px} } h1 { font-family: "nimbus-sans",sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 900; } h2 { font-family: "nimbus-sans",sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700; } h3 { font-family: "nimbus-sans",sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; } p { font-family: "nimbus-sans",sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; } ul { font-family: "nimbus-sans",sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; } #sidebar_primary .widget-title { background-color: #4b2201; color: #FFFFFF; padding-left: 5px; } .mainlogo-img{margin:0 auto;} } #footer .widget-title {font-weight: bold;} } #footer .textwidget p {margin:0;} }

Danny
Hi, You have a slight error in your CSS, you are missing a semicolon after font-size:12px. So add the ; semicolon and your bold code should work. Not quite sure what you're referring to when you say "Does anyone know what H tag controls either? I can't figure out what the issue is here, when to me the code is correct." ? Would it be possible to go into greater detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

storm09
Hi Danny Thank you for your help. Is this correct? .main-nav li {a font-weight:bold;font-size:14px;} Sorry, I was referring to the nav menu titles and footer titles. I'm using Typekit on this site. I was just wondering which, if any, H tags eg. H3, H4 etc control the size of these?

Danny
Hi Storm, If I understand you correctly, you want to increase the font size of the footer widget title ? If so, you have added them manually to a text widget, so simply use the following for each widget title.

Mayer & Toye Ltd

Repeat the process for each widget as the title are currently set as

Mayer & Toye Ltd

Please search our forums, before posting!

storm09
Great. Thanks. Can I do the same or something similar for the Nav Menu? I need to increase the point size of the titles.

catrina
[code].main-nav li {a font-weight:bold;font-size:14px;}[/code] ^ In this code you need to remove the letter "a" to outside of the curly bracket (move it after "li") Also, you can do something similar for the navigation. You just need to use the menu selectors (ul, li, etc.).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse