Sign in to follow this  
scifi

Pictures disappeared

scifi

I have photos above the text on my blogs but can't get them to appear with the summaries on the homepage or category lists. Used to be fine and appear automatically but I've done something. Tried everything to rectify without success.

Danny
Hi DannyDog, Would it be possible to post a screenshot of your post excerpt for the post called "Jessica Ennis image for Games arrivals" please. After reviewing the code, there doesn't seem to be an image in your posts excerpt.

Please search our forums, before posting!

scifi
I've set it up at heathrownews.com/test thanks

Danny
Hi DannyDog, I apologise if I wasn't clear, but you've provide a screenshot of your main post editor text. I was referring to the text that is in this area. http://i.imgur.com/ppCmQ.png

scifi
Sorry my fault - you were quite clear. The box is actually blank

Danny
There are two ways to display images in your excerpts. 1. Would be to use the Feature image uploader on your post editor screen on the right hand side - http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Thumbnails#Setting_a_Post_Thumbnail 2. If you do not wish to use the feature image uploader option, then you can manually add the images html code to the Excerpt area with some teaser text taken from your post. So for example, if you have a post that contains the following information: [code]Drag?©e souffl?© sweet roll gummi bears. Tiramisu chocolate macaroon jelly chocolate bar jujubes icing. Faworki bear claw brownie pudding caramels chocolate. Cake chocolate chocolate. Cake bonbon lollipop caramels cheesecake pastry cotton candy. Pastry applicake oat cake donut powder croissant brownie cookie. Bear claw bonbon candy canes sweet chocolate cheesecake halvah candy canes. Ice cream gummies gummi bears sweet cookie. Halvah tootsie roll cheesecake. Ice cream ice cream candy lemon drops biscuit topping. Image code here Drag?©e souffl?© sweet roll gummi bears. Tiramisu chocolate macaroon jelly chocolate bar jujubes icing. Faworki bear claw brownie pudding caramels chocolate. Cake chocolate chocolate. Cake bonbon lollipop caramels cheesecake pastry cotton candy. Pastry applicake oat cake donut powder croissant brownie cookie. Bear claw bonbon candy canes sweet chocolate cheesecake halvah candy canes. Ice cream gummies gummi bears sweet cookie. Halvah tootsie roll cheesecake. Ice cream ice cream candy lemon drops biscuit topping.[/code] Then in your excerpt area, that I have highlighted red in the image above, simply add the following: [code]Drag?©e souffl?© sweet roll gummi bears. Tiramisu chocolate macaroon jelly chocolate bar jujubes icing. Faworki bear claw brownie pudding caramels chocolate. Cake chocolate chocolate. Cake bonbon lollipop caramels cheesecake pastry cotton candy. Pastry applicake oat cake donut powder croissant brownie cookie. Bear claw bonbon candy canes sweet chocolate cheesecake halvah candy canes. Ice cream gummies gummi bears sweet cookie. Halvah tootsie roll cheesecake. Ice cream ice cream candy lemon drops biscuit topping. Image code here [/code]

scifi
Thanks for that. But is there no way to set it so that picture automatically loads with the excerpt text?

Jenny
PageLines Settings. Look for the option about thumbnails and make sure the box is checked for post pages, etc. Basically everything should be checked except for single post page (unless you're using the thumbnail in your post too).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.