Sign in to follow this  
danielfinn

Help using specific pagelines page as blog

danielfinn

I am wanting to set a specific page as my blog and have done this through wordpress/settings/reading/post page = BLOG On this BLOG page I have checked 'hide feature' within the pagelines meta settings, however, it does not seem to hide correctly. I have placed the feature section within the page header. If I check 'hide feature' on any other page it works, but I am having trouble within the BLOG assigned page.

catrina
If the feature sliders section is placed in the header, it's going to show up no matter what because the header shows up on every page. However, if you set a specific page as the blog page and you're hiding it using PageLines Section Control on the right side, it should be hidden. It's difficult to check out the problem if there's no live link to provide. Would it be possible to upload the site to a live test server?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danielfinn
I am new to web development and at this stage I have no clue about live servers or anything like that - just managed to get it up and running on a local server. I understand what you are saying about the header, however, I am using pagelines section control to try and hide it. Section control successfully hides the feature section on any other page - it just seem to ignore the checked box on the assigned blog page.

catrina
Sorry, by live server, I just meant by uploading your site to a domain with web space (like any other site) and posting the link here.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielfinn
oh right. I am planning on doing that within the next week or so! Once I have time to sit down and look into it. I will then repost.

Rob
It's possible you have the feature slider added twice on the template (once in the Page Template for Blog and once in the Content Area for Blog). Check your templates carefully. It may also be present in the Default Template, or in other locations. Be absolutely sure where it's placed. Hiding options don't always show up correctly if the section is duplicated in multiple templates affecting the same page.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

danielfinn
Hi thanks for the reply. That was actually my first calling point, and had no success. I do not have the feature slider added to any template related to the blog. If I post a URL to my site once I have sorted it out would someone be able to suggest something?

Jenny
I advise just going through all section in the drag & drop setup looking for a feature where it doesn't belong. (Make sure you check all pages of both 'content' and 'content area' too!) We can better assist you when your site is live, yes. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

danielfinn
I have managed to resolve the problem through a work around scenario, though the issue still exists under a certain circumstance. For me, when the features section is inserted in a header it always appears in the page on which the blog is assigned - no matter whether you tick 'hide' in the section control box relating to the assigned page template. The feature slider successfully hides on any other page when placed in the header - as long as it is blog assigned. I resolved removing the feature slider from the header and putting it in the content section of a template. I then used a template for the blog assigned page which did not include the features slider - eliminating the need to use the section control.

catrina
For moderating purposes I'll "thank" you for your answer since you resolved the issue yourself.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielfinn
I did not realize that you can only alter the layout of the blog page through dashboard/pagelines/meta/blog and posts/section control I was clicking on hide through dashboard/pages/blog assigned page/section control

Rob
You can set global settings or unset them via Dashboard > PageLines > Meta. If you have a feature slide set selected in Meta and its in the template it will show up. On the page if you selected a new set or opt to hide it, things should change. It's rather hard to tell what's actually going on without seeing it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur