Sign in to follow this  
danielfinn

help adding text and columns to pagelines footer

danielfinn

Hello, I am wanting to add some text in the pagelines footer... maybe add some contact details or additional info about the creators etc. Upon looking at the pagelines showcase section it is clear that many people have managed to do this, however, I am having a bit of difficulty. Are their any tutorials or anything out there? I enabled the simple nav and secondary nav in the footr in pagelines/settings/head and footer. I also changed the number of footer columns to three. The simple nav works fine, as I have created several menus within the appearence word settings. I was wondering how you then accessed the three footer columns sepcified. Also, I entered the 'more details' and copyright information into pagelines/settings/header and footer and it is does not show up in my footer.

pehja
Tutorials you can find here. http://youtu.be/Z_aorAvL84g To make the footer section works with the things you put in the Pageline setting page. You have to go to "Templets" and in the footer section you drag the "Footer Colums Sidebar" from the "Avalible/Disabled section" to the left side in the "Active Section" Then the things should appear as you want it to. However there are many other ways to get things in the footer section if you use widgets. Bu i suggest you go for the tutorials and take a look at ALL of them ;-) Hope it helps.

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

danielfinn
Thanks, I added the footer column sidebar widget to my footer seciton within the pagelines template section. One final question, I have added three text widgets to the footer sidebar column and they are now showing correctly. The problem that I having is that I cannot seem to change the colour of the widget text - it is stuck on very light grey. Is there an easy way to change this/

catrina
Yes, with CSS. You can use Firebug and Custom CSS to change the color. For further reference, please see: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Custom_Code_Settings

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danielfinn
Great thanks. I have actually downloaded Customize CSS and used some coding to apply mouse rollover effects on specific images. By any change is code you can reference for editing the footer colours etc? Or is there some on the URL you provided and I missed it?

danielfinn
Oh sorry I forgot you mentioned firebug, I will do that. I have one question regarding the customize CSS plug-in though. If you enter a phrase in CSS that determines text as green, and the pagelines' style.css has text black by default, will the custom CSS plug-in just automatically mask the default code in the style.css? So the custom CSS just none-destructively overwrites code?

catrina
General text color CSS guidance is provided here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp Also, PageLines Customize CSS can overwrite the default code, but it will never destroy it in any way. If you don't like the code that's overwriting the default, you can always take it out.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielfinn
I used safari web inspector and found the folloiwng CSS rule for the text widget section [code].textwidget {[/code] I also see that the URL you sent me outlines that you can change text colour with the following [code]body {color:blue;} h1 {color:#00ff00;} h2 {color:rgb(255,0,0);} }[/code] Could you suggest a way of combining the two? or if I am on the right lines. I tried simply entering the code below into the custom CSS Rule section in pagelines setting but it did not do anything. [code].textwidget { text #ffffff }[/code]

catrina
You'll need to use the selector (textwidget) and the attributes together to change the text color in the widget like here: [code].textwidget {color: blue;}[/code] (Change the color to whatever you want)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielfinn
Thanks! That worked perfectly. That code has worked in changing the main body of text within the text widget, however, titles seem to remain as the default light grey colour. Is their some kind of selector or tag for the titles?

catrina
Yes, the titles have a separate selector. You can use the developer tool to find it (it should be something like h2.widget-title - but I don't think it's exactly that).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielfinn
I have found the selector you are talking about and have made the changes. Relating to modification of the footer, is it possible to include the social icons, such as the twitter 't' and linkedIn 'in' found in the header in a textwidget in the footer. Do the social icons have some kind of tag which you can enter using HTML?