Sign in to follow this  
betoni

Can I make the feature half width of the content and have content text next to it?

betoni

I am trying to achieve a text paragraph on the left side of the page with a corresponding feature of images on the right. How do I do this as the feature seems to take up the whole width of the page so I tried making the image the page width with a white image on the left and adding feature text but it does not fit well at all. Any ideas?

catrina
What CSS are you using to resize the the media/image area of the feature slider?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

betoni
I resized the height in the feature section but haven't resized the width I have just made half the slide white! Then added text to the left in the feature section.

betoni
Yes I tried various sizes for the white area but the text position that is built into the feature remained the same. I really would like to lose the white part of the image and just have the pictures, and then have a text paragraph on the left hand side of the feature which can be edited in the content area the same as the rest of the pages text.

catrina
The text isn't changing width because the white image is a completely separate element that won't dictate the text area's size. If that white area isn't going to be useful, it should just be removed and then the text can be played around with using to CSS to get the right width.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Are you trying to achieve something like the slider found here, but within the content area? http://epicurusconsulting.com/ If so, the way to achieve this is to place the slider inside the content area in one of your templates (as you've done); create a background image that includes a white-space where you want it (left or right side). Then, in the feature slide settings, select the location for your blurb (under Feature Text Position) based on your slide layout. Next, under "Feature Design Style" select "Black Text - Light Feature Background - No Overlay" Then, simply add your text in the feature slide text area, and a title as you wish. If the fonts are the wrong size, we can address that via CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

betoni
Rangelone thank you for your answer but the is exactly what I have done and it isnt quiet what I need. Catrina I have now removed the white background space and resized the feature using this code #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { width: 325px; float: right } How do I add a css code that will allow the page text to start to the left of the feature [img][/img]

Rob
You cannot wrap text around the slider. You can only embed the slider into a content area in the template and use a sidebar on either side. You can make the sidebar use a text widget so that you may place text where you want it. However, it's not inside the content space. Looking at the method used, I can see you did not apply an image for your features as backgrounds. I presume you're using the media area of the feature slider setup. There's no CSS solution to move text up over the slider and have it wrap around the image. It would simply lay over the slider and probably break your site. As I mentioned earlier, the way to accomplish your goals is the method used on epicurusconsulting.com. If that's not satisfactory, the only possible options would be to include an animated .gif inside the post, aligned right, or, use two sidebars only on that page. However, in that case, with a text widget on the left, the rest of the text will not wrap into the left column. You'd have blank space there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

betoni
OK thank you for helping will have to have a rethink as to the top design

Jenny
Please let us know if you need further help with this topic. If you consider this resolved, please "accept" an answer - thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.