Sign in to follow this  
msaizan

Latest Worpress Update - Pagelines Fatal Error

msaizan

I just updated to the new wordpress upgrade - latest wordpress update as of this morning - 3.4 and it broke my site. http://gulfcoastrising.net/ I am getting Pagelines theme related fatal error messages. Hostgator went in to have a look and said they were seeing some problems in the Pagelines data base in wordpress. I am having to restore from a back up but I just wanted to sound off this alert.

Rob
I see your site has a 403 Forbidden message. Did you note what the error said?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

msaizan
Here is the ticket from hostgator...hang tight i will get the error message Description of Issue: Cust needs the daily backup from 6/13 on gulfcoastrising.net to be restored. Wordpress was updated and it broke the theme and stylesheet.

msaizan
Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_default_setting() in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-content/themes/transparency/functions.php on line 10 i also got one for Tenacious T - similar fatal error message with tenacious T functions.

Simon
As a rule, disable all plugins before upgrading wordpress, they even tell you in the admin area to make sure. IF the theme is broken, and a wp upgrade would not break the themes, as it does not touch that folder, but if a theme is broken simply renaming the broken theme folder then opening wp-admin forces wp to use the default theme. Restoring the site is the first thing HG will offer you, as they have no idea about wordpress ;) Exactly what fatal error messages were you getting before they deleted your site?

Simon
[quote]Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_default_setting() in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-content/themes/transparency/functions.php on line 10 i also got one for Tenacious T - similar fatal error message with tenacious T functions.[/quote] The child themes were updated with new wp 3.4 functions over the last few weeks, you should have seen the update button in your admin, and got an email if you were subscribed to the updates.

msaizan
Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_default_setting() in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-content/themes/transparency/functions.php on line 10 i also got one for Tenacious T - similar fatal error message with tenacious T functions.

msaizan
i updated child themes - i check that daily

msaizan
i updated child themes a couple of days ago - all pagelines theme related plugins as well

Simon
Nick added 3.4 compatibility to his theme in version1.2, is that the child theme version you have?

msaizan
Simon, I can't check it because I can't get into the site. I do check the Pagelines updates daily. When we restore from the back up and I can tell you what's there. They are doing the restore from late last night.

msaizan
I am not having a good day.

msaizan
it wasn't just Tenacious though - I had a fatal error for Transparency too... I am also using the base child theme. I am using child themes across the board

Simon
Well you can't have them all active at the same time ;)

msaizan
They are on different sites! WPMU - multisite i am not having a good day.

msaizan
The whole network is broken.

Simon
Oh, i see, well download the latest child themes, they all have wp 3.4 compatibility and upload them.

msaizan
The restore hasn't taken place yet. Is there another way to fix this? I can't even log in though - I am getting a 500 internal server error now - it's a permissions issue. another thing that went wacky in the update to 3.4 -changed some code in the ht access files.. or something... or would it just be best at this point to let Hostgator restore from a previous back up?

Rob
Probably best to get Hostgator to do that. Also, ask them if they're prepared for 3.4. It's possible their settings are out of alignment with WP. I don't believe this is a PageLines issue though. Even if the child themes don't work, they wouldn't throw a 500 error. That's something the engine itself (hosting + WP) would do.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

msaizan
ok. the site is now partially functional but still wonky. when i go to pagelines store I get this string of errors Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379

msaizan
Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3379 Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3373 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gulfcoas/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3376 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream

msaizan
it does appear that Transparency was not updated - i tried to update it - and i got a fatal error INSIDE the pagelines dashboard - pop up modal box and then the theme disappeared from the store panel. it's not longer showing as being there. i am not having a good day.

msaizan
ok. the site is restored - from there i went to pagelines store inside the pagelines panel - from inside the wp dashboard - saw that Tenacious was current but not Transparency. So i tried to update Tenacious and got a fatal error message and then it dropped out of the data base - the theme is no longer on site. I activated Pagelines base child theme and up and running again.

msaizan
sorry - i meant to say i tried to update TRANSPARENCY and got the fatal error - and it's gone from the site. but i have activated base child and it looks everything is ok now.

catrina
Do you need further assistance with anything else? If not, please click "Thanks" on a post that was most helpful in this thread. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse