Sign in to follow this  
neurobonkers

Installing Infinite Scroll in Platform Pro - Choosing CSS Selectors

neurobonkers

I want to use the plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/infinite-scroll/ on my website. In order to use it you have got to provide 4 CSS selectors: Content Selector (The selector of the content div on the main page.) Posts Selector (The selector of the post block.) Navigation Selector (The selector of the navigation div (the one that includes the next and previous links). Next Page Selector (The selector of the previous posts (next page) A tag. I tried several different possibilities using Firebug, but I'm not experienced with CSS and none of them worked. Does anyone know the correct CSS selectors? Thanks in advance - http://neurobonkers.com

catrina
What CSS selectors have you tried already? I inspected your site with Firebug and found the following: Content: [code]#page-canvas[/code] Posts: [code]#column-wrap[/code] Navigation: [code]#pagination[/code] Next Page: [code]span.next-entries[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

neurobonkers
Hi Catrina, Thankyou very much but unfortunately I'm still not having any luck. I tried your recommendation, I also tried: Content Selector: div#pagelines_content Posts Selector: section#postloop Navigation Selector: section#nav Next Page Selector: span.next-entries (After your recommendation here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/105823#Comment_105823) I've also tried: Content Selector: #page-canvas Posts Selector: #column-wrap Navigation Selector: #pagination Next Page Selector: span.next-entries and Content Selector: #site Posts Selector: #pagelines_content Navigation Selector: #pagination Next Page Selector: previous-entries and: Content Selector: #page-main Posts Selector: #pagelines_content Navigation Selector: #pagination Next Page Selector: previous-entries ..but I don't really know what I'm doing so it feels like I'm stabbing in the dark. Thanks again for your help, it is really very much appreciated.

Jenny
You can try using the following, but if it doesn't work, you'll have to get help from the plugin author since it's his product: content: [code]#page-main .content[/code] posts: [code]#theloop[/code] navigation: [code]#pagination[/code] next page: [code].page-nav-default .previous-entries a[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

neurobonkers
Thanks! That's a big step forward, this is the first time I've seen any change whatsoever. The page flashes four messages saying it's reach the end of the blog and displays four loading bars. Screenshot: http://neurobonkers.com/up/inf1 If anyone has any ideas for what I could switch around to fix it please let me know, otherwise I'll go ahead and try and contact the plugin author.

Danny
Hi, I have no experience with this plug-in unfortunately, therefore I think the best course of action would be to contact the plug-in author and see what he/she suggests. Reply here if the author provides any feedback/suggestion please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

neurobonkers
Didn't manage to get a reply from the author but a code buddy of mine managed to help me crack it. This set-up is working for me: Content Selector: #pagelines_content Posts Selector: #column-wrap.fix Navigation Selector: #pagination Next Page Selector: .page-nav-default .previous-entries a Thanks for all the help folks.

Rob
Glad you have it working now.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur