Sign in to follow this  
mbenge

Custom CSS changes disappeared

mbenge

Hi all, I was working on my site and saved changes to the custom CSS, only to come back and login again and all the changes are gone. Mostly changes to the nav bar that took me a long time to find in Firebug. Is there a way to find the changes somewhere? I am using Pagelines...

Danny
Hi, Where did you add you custom CSS ? Also, did you make any changes like install a plug-in or update anything before you realised your custom CSS had been removed ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

mbenge
Hi, It was in the Custom CSS box. I actually got stuck on the screen with the "saving" box flashing, and refreshed the page and it went poof. It actually set a bunch of settings back to default too. I decided it was probably my sign I should have a child theme installed and make changes that way. If there is a way to find the changes it would be nice as I have not added the changes back in.

Rob
The Custom Code area has several places where code may be added. Make sure it's not in the Header area, but under CSS Rules. I've done that more than once and put the CSS in the header code box and nothing worked. You might have reset the defaults for everything.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur