Sign in to follow this  
diretornak

Pricing Section - Lightbox and Images

diretornak    2
diretornak

Hey guys! I am using the pricing section on a new website but I cant seem to do 2 things. 1- Is it possible to add an image to the top of the column, right above the title? It would be important that this image could keep the responsive nature of the section. 2- How could I link the button to a lightbox gallery? The idea would be to have each column open a distinct lightbox gallery when you hit the button, in order to view each vehicle. Thanks in advance!

catrina    103
catrina
1. Do you want this image to be inside the title bar or outside of it in the white space? 2. The Lightbox gallery needs to be implemented separately using a Lighbox plugin. I think a shortcode needs to be added to the link that links to the gallery. You can find a few Lightbox gallery plugins here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ (The source of images in the gallery would be your Media Library)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

diretornak    2
diretornak
I am trying to put the image inside the title bar, on top of the box. About the lightbox, I already have tried some plugins, like NGG, but i cant seem to make the link field work with shortcodes =[

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi, Would it be possible to create a concept image showing us exactly where you wish to have your image and also where are you trying to add the lightbox shortcode ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

diretornak    2
diretornak
I was trying to place the image where the pcol-title is, and i was inserting the shortcode in the link field of the pricing section.

diretornak    2
diretornak
Heres a concept image... i wanted to place the pictures in the green squares... http://samaria.hospedagemdesites.ws/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mockup.jpg

Jenny    33
Jenny
What you might be able to do is to put everything (title and image) inside the content area of the text and then just style how you want.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

diretornak    2
diretornak
I put a test image in the content but it showed under the "price" area, though I can certainly try and hide the .pcol-highlight and style everything in the content itself. I will give it a try!

diretornak    2
diretornak
Wow, simple_mama's suggestion made me try something odd and it worked perfectly! Instead of putting image and text on the content and style it all, I simply added the img HTML code in the price field befores the text and it showed perfectly! Now I will probably even be able to insert the lightbox gallery with straight up html instead of using the shortcodes! Really amazing section =D

diretornak    2
diretornak
I am still trying different ways to make the link open a NGG gallery in lightbox =x I thought it would be easier to do it via html but it is still beating me.

catrina    103
catrina
Are you working with code that needs to be added to the link for the gallery? What is the code?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

diretornak    2
diretornak
Technically i should use a shortcode, like [nggallery id=XPTO], but the section wont recognize the shortcode, so I have been trying different ways of making an HTML link call the shortcode in a lightbox =[

catrina    103
catrina
Ah, I see. Yeah, you can't add a shortcode inside of an HTML link since the shortcode is designed to generate something. There may be a way to create Lightbox galleries without the plugin, but this requires you to download multiple files and implement the code in certain files.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

diretornak    2
diretornak
I have been trying different approaches but all without success.

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi, I think the best course of action would be to contact the author of NextGen and see if there is a HTML alternative to add the lightbox effect without the use of the shortcode.

Please search our forums, before posting!