Sign in to follow this  
MissT

Pagelines import not working

MissT

I'm importing pagelines settings from one site to a new site and wordpress just hangs with a white screen on the following 'http://www.longeatondawnbreakers.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_account' the two sites are the same version of Wordpress and the same pagelines. I've read on another similar post to check the log files in wp-admin via ftp but I can't see any log files - where do I need to look. any help much appreciated. Tracy.

Jenny
The log files will be located in your wordpress install directory. It will be called err_log I believe. Copy it to your computer, add a .txt extension and open it. White screens are generally caused by PHP memory limit errors. Ask your host to raise the memory in the php.ini file to 128M.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

MissT
Thanks simple mama, No such files found I'm afraid - I'll contact my hosting company about the memory - hopefully that is what is causing the problem. Many thanks for the explanation and help, Tracy.

Danny
Hi Tracy, Let us know if this resolves your issue or not.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT
My hosting guy has checked the memory limit and has said it's not that, the memory limit is set to 128M already. Any other ideas please anyone??

Jenny
When visiting your site via FTP, the structure should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/cPpni.png You'll notice a file in there called error_log (if your site has had any PHP errors). If it's there, simply copy it to your computer, add a .txt extension to it, and open it. Then copy/paste the contents from the last few days into http://paste.pagelines.com and provide us with the link.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

MissT
Thanks, As explained before there is no error file at all so I can't open it to see what the error is. I'm going to unistall Pagelines and then re-instal it and try again with the import. I've already tried creating another export file and get the same result. This is really holding me up now so any other suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Tracy.

MissT
Pagelines re-install didn't work - running out of ideas and need to get this website working asap so if anyone has any ideas what else I could check / try that would be great please. I've had no major problems with the import previously but this WP install is on a new hosting server so could it be something to do with that maybe?