Sign in to follow this  
laurenp

default features keep duplicating on refresh

laurenp

Hi - I have an unusual problem. Each time I refresh the site (only when I'm logged in) the default features and box posts duplicate. I previously had the free version of The Events Calendar plugin running, no problems. Then today I've installed the Pro version which has an ajax calendar widget so I am not sure if there is something that has caused the issue. I delete the defaults and they just keep coming back. It's like it is stuck in a loop. * I've deactivated the plugin but the issue still occurs. * I've enabled debug on both Pagelines and Events Calendar and also installed the debug plugin but nothing seems to show up Here is the temporary domain: **Link removed by users request. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Cheers, Lauren

catrina
Have you tried deactivating all other active plugins (with the Events Calendar plugin running) one by one to see if any of them could be causing the issue?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

laurenp
No good idea. Will give it a go and get back to you.

laurenp
OK I've narrowed it down and the problem is definitely caused by the calendar widget that comes as part of the Events Calendar Pro Plugin. When it is on the page the default features re-appear. So obviously I'll need to contact their support to ask what could be causing it but I'm also wondering if anyone at Pagelines can shed some light on the issue so we can get both the plug in and the framework compatible for other users...

Danny
Hi Lauren, I will bring this topic to the attention to one of our developers. Thank you for narrowing down the culprit plug-in/widget.

Please search our forums, before posting!

laurenp
Thanks Danny, I have also posted within the Plugin Support forum so will add to this thread if I learn anything.

laurenp
Hi there, the guys over at Tribe haven't found a solution to this as yet. The site is now live and although I've changed the sort order so the duplicates don't show, I'm currently having to manually delete hundreds of duplicate pagelines features and boxes. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do to disable the default pagelines boxes and features as an interim fix? Or at least reduce it to one (as each time someone uses the Events Calendar widget I get 4xnew features and 4xnew boxes)? This seems to be an issue with a couple of other plugins as I found in these other posts so maybe there is a possible work around at the pagelines end? http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/19648/default-pagelines-ads-features-keep-replicating-themselves http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16936/features-and-boxes-have-duplicated-itself-in-the-backend#Item_2 Cheers!