Sign in to follow this  
iamtheeverydaygirl

Space between social media icons & nav bar?

iamtheeverydaygirl

Hi there -- On my home page (www.iamtheeverydaygirl.com), there is quite a bit of space between my social media icons (top right) and my header/navigation bar. Is there a way to delete some of that space? I've tried Firebug and played with the custom css code -- but nothing is working so far .... Thanks!

Danny
Hi, Add the following code to our either your child themes style.css or if you're using the PageLines Customisation plug-in add it the plug-ins style.css. [code]#sb_universal .content {position: absolute;right: 250px;z-index: 99;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

iamtheeverydaygirl
Tried to add that to my child theme - but didn't move anything. I'm currently not using the Pagelines Customization plug-in.

Rob
Try it in Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

iamtheeverydaygirl
That worked! It brought it right down. Just one more question -- I've played with each number, but would it be possible to adjust the height of the icons a little taller (more towards the top)? Thanks so much!

Danny
Hi, Add this to your custom CSS: [code]#sb_universal .content-pad {padding:0px;}[/code] Then replace this code: [code]#sb_universal .content {position: absolute;right: 250px;z-index: 99;}[/code] with this: [code]#sb_universal .content {position: absolute;right: 250px;z-index: 99;top:0;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

iamtheeverydaygirl
OK -- Did those changes. Looks the same for now and I've messed with the numbers and been able to move it further down, but how do I move the icons up, towards the top of the page? Thanks!

Jenny
To move the icons up, you can try adding a negative top-margin to your CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

iamtheeverydaygirl
Thank you -- I tried that, but adding that negative top margin number isn't really doing anything. I can live with the closeness for now if it's not working (made the social icons smaller to make up for it) -- but now I'm noticing that something happened where my home page is fixed, the right length -- but the category page is suuuuper wide and I can't figure out how to make it smaller! (if this should be a separate convo, let me know!) here's the home page: www.iamtheeverydaygirl.com the category page: http://173.239.45.59/~iamtheev/?cat=13 Thanks!

catrina
What CSS code have you tried so far? The category issue should be in a separate topic to avoid any confusion. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iamtheeverydaygirl
Hi Catrina -- This is the CSS code I'm using: #sb_universal .content {position: absolute;right: 200px;z-index: 99;top:-50;} #sb_universal .content-pad {padding:0px;} I've been changing up that "top" number in the first line. Thanks!

Rob
Try adjusting to: [code]#sb_universal .content {position: absolute;right: 200px;z-index: 99;top:-50px;} #sb_universal .content-pad {padding:0;}[/code] Just for future reference, when using zero (0) you don't need to add 'px' afterwards. It's a little CSS quirk. I added 'px' to the first line to let your CSS know what the -50 referenced. Let us know if it works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur