Sign in to follow this  
ilonka65

Special Recent Posts Plugin Display Error

ilonka65

Hello I have been reading some advice in the forum for inserting post thumbnails into pages, and so I downloaded Special Recent Posts Pro. It certainly did exactly what I wanted except that there's an overlay of thumbnail image and text, so its not displaying properly (in Firefox & IE, haven't checked the other browsers as yet). Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

ilonka65
I ran the site through: http://validator.w3.org/ and got this error which looks like it refers to the plugin (srp) but then I can't work out how to fix it; I ticked "Clean up Markup with HTML-Tidy" but the repaired markup shows something else at altogether at Line 71 so I guess the line 71 below isn't in the markup?.... Validation Output: 1 Error Error Line 71, Column 12: & did not start a character reference. (& probably should have been escaped as &.) Bed Width &g[...]

The other thing is the boxes aren't displaying right in IE (vertically stretched), this doesn't show yup as an issue in the w3c validator, I've ticked "IE Compatibility Script" in Pagelines Advanced Settings to see if that would help

Danny
Hi, I haven't ran into the this error before and I also have the Pro version. However, the best course of action would be to contact the plug-in author and ask him for assistance. Also, you website the one linked in your first post, give a Malware warning.

Please search our forums, before posting!