Sign in to follow this  
fkpress

carousel is showing just the number of pictures set in gallery

fkpress

Hi there, i like to use carousel for showing some pictures of nextgen gallery. carousel is working fine, if i take "show post thumbnails". but when i change to nextgen gallery the carousel shows as many pictures as set in nextgen - > options - > gallery pictures per page. how can i change this? what is wrong??

Rob
What did you set up for the number of images appearing in posts/pages from NextGen?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
If you have max images per page set in NextGen set to 10 images, you will only get 10 images in the carousel.

fkpress
i set it in carousel to 10 - and in nextgen max per page to 20. btw: if i activate carousel, the lightbox-plugin does not work. maybe they are in conflict with each other? (later i will try to deactivate lightbox-plugin. maybe then also the arrows are shown to scroll through carousel. first, i have deactivated carousel-funktion). Or do you think it has another reason for this?

Rob
My personal preference with the carousel is not to use NextGen, but post thumbnails which are manually added to the posts, not generated through NextGen. Yes, the lightbox does conflict in some cases with NextGen, depending on which lightbox you're using. There are several. If you need a carousel, lightbox and prefer to have carousel items open in a lightbox, you may wish to look into other carousels (there are many out there) which accommodate your needs. Our carousel is, in my opinion, great, but I say that in the context of post thumbnails. NextGen adds a new dynamic to the process, and lightbox makes it more complex.

fkpress
it sounds a bit strange: you recommend your carousel, but if it does not work properly you say: look around, there are others to use... :(

Rob
Our carousel works well with the basic methods for which it was designed. However, it wasn't designed to work with such things as lightbox or thumbails (for example) generated via NextGen Gallery. While it can integrate with NexGen, successfully, some options just don't work, so, being an honest chap, I try to give people the best recommendation: find and use the tools that best work for your needs. If you read some of my replies, you'll see I've recommended a number of options to replace things like the Blog loop, Boxes, SoapBoxes, Features, etc. I take the position that what matters most is not our sections, but that you, the client, get the website you want most, looking as you'd have it, and working without fail. If that means 3rd party plugins to replace some of our default sections, so be it. A website should always be the best it can be to communicate your message. I'm sure you agree.

fkpress
yes. you're right: i agree :-)

Rob
Thanks. I will accept an answer and if you wish to revisit this later, just reply at any time.