Sign in to follow this  
feltons

Editing static home page

feltons

Hi, I have followed your tutorial on youtube and created a static home page for my site. However I have having a few problems trying to work out the following.... 1. How to remove/hide the page title "Home". I have followed advice on the forums ( various custom CSS methods), but they don't seem to work for me. Maybe i'm entering the code in the css box wrong or something. 2. I have added some text and a twitter feed to the static home page. But I would like them to apper next to each other rather than on top of each other. I have played around with the various template and page layout options but can't seem to make this happen. Thanks in advance for any help, I am a total web site noob but your product has enabled even me to produce a great looking website so far :D

feltons
Ok i've fixed number 1, if anyone else is looking for a solution. Go to Global Settings > Website Setup and near the bottom there is an option to "Automatically show Page titles?" just untick the box.

catrina
[quote]2. I have added some text and a twitter feed to the static home page. But I would like them to apper next to each other rather than on top of each other. I have played around with the various template and page layout options but can't seem to make this happen.[/quote] ^ You'll need to adjust the width for both the text and the Twitter feed in order for them to fit next to each other and adjust them so that they're side-by-side (using CSS) or if it's possible, you can add the code for the Twitter feed to a sidebar and enable the sidebar layout. Is the Twitter feed generated using a plugin?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

feltons
Yeah i'm using the Twitter All-In-One plugin from the pagelines store.

catrina
I'm borrowing a computer and I can't check and test to see to what extent the Twitter feed can be customized. Do you use Firebug for Firefox?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

feltons
Yeah i've got firebug. I have managed to make the twitter part the right size and align it to the right, but I can't work out how to reduce the text (post) area by 50%. [url="http://c7037342.myzen.co.uk/"]http://c7037342.myzen.co.uk/[/url] [code]

content, blah, blah, blah, blah.

[/code]

Danny
Hi, The Twitter all in one, is a third party section and therefore, you will need to contact the developer for assistance. The developers contact information can be found on this page. http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/twitter-all-in-one/?product_ref=true

Please search our forums, before posting!

feltons
Ok but can anyone help me set the size of the post loop to 50% width?

Danny
Hi, To set the Postloop width to 50% try the following code: [code]#postloop .section-postloop {width:50%;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!