Sign in to follow this  
helvetik_a

Site and Wordpress Panel crashed with "parse error"

helvetik_a

I am working on the pagelines framework base-theme and i tried to add a hook in the functions.php to add some text boxes after the branding sections. It seems that something in the php code was wrong and my site crashed, cannot either enter in the wp admin-panel this appears now: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/tanzproj/www/wp.tanzprojekte.ch/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/functions.php on line 20 What should i do? Can you give me some help please. I am working on cloud in wordpress. Thx Corina

Jenny
The error tells you exactly what the issue. You have an error in your custom functions.php (on line 20) in your base theme. Whatever code is in there was created by you so you'll have to fix the issue. Make sure your php syntax is correct. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

helvetik_a
Hi. Thanks for your response. I thought this, but i cannot enter anymore in the admin panel of wordpress. How can i fix this?

Rob
Via FTP, replace the functions.php from the original source files to [b]/home/tanzproj/www/wp.tanzprojekte.ch/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/[/b] and you will be able to restore your site and fix the error by re-doing the customization. For the record, the customizations of functions.php should be done in the PageLines Customization plugin which as a functions.php for such purposes. It appears you're editing the core files which is invariably going to result in problems or be overwritten by future updates.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

helvetik_a
Thx rangelone. I was working on the base file, a childtheme...i thought that i wouldn't editing a core file....?

Rob
Probably you weren't. Did replacing the file get you back into the site's admin dashboard?

helvetik_a
I wil let you know. thx

Rob
Great

helvetik_a
Hi Rangelone. Yes! I did it. Thx!!! I wil try to work only on the plugin "customize" file.