Sign in to follow this  
pacificocean1001

Where do all my post go after they loop?

pacificocean1001

Hello, I set up my home page with a postloop and do not like how it looks with a lot of posts going down the home page. If i were to limit my posts to say 6 in the postloop, can i create a link at the bottom to direct the viewer to another page with all the older posts on it? I would like to add that in the nav bar as "Digital Dialogue" Also, can I put the name "Digital Dialogue" over my postloop on my homepage? Thanks a lot!

Danny
Hi, 1. To add items to your menu such as a link to pages you have created, categories or even custom links, please read the article [url="http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen"]here[/url]. 2. To Add the title "Digital Dialogue" to your postloop, you could use either the ContentBox section or the Highlight section, simply drag and drop one of the sections above your Postloop section on your homepage template.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pacificocean1001
Hello Danny. Thanks so much for you your help. Need to spend more time with number 2, but as for number 1: How do i make the text flush left in the box? Right now it is centered.

Rob
You really should use Firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com), a great tool for identifying CSS issues. Add this to Custom Code in CSS Rules: [code].highlight-head { line-height: 1.4em; margin-left: 0; margin-right: 187px; padding: 0; } #highlight .copy-pad .highlight-area { padding: 10px 5px; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pacificocean1001
Thank you so much! I was recommended to use firebug and I found that it brought my web browsing to almost a standstill. I installed it and uninstalled it a few times because of this.

Rob
Odd about Firebug. Never heard that one before. Chrome has an Inspection Tool (almost the same as Firebug) built in. Try that one if you need to inspect CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur